Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cameron Blake's shop in Cape Town

Article about: by rra227 If you go to J-burg stop at Kaplans. Rich A. in Pa. Cheers Rich A I'll be going to Johannesburg again not sure when, but will in couple years. Where's Kaplans? I've only located tw

Default Re: Cameron Blake's shop in Cape Town

Quote by rra227 View Post
    If you go to J-burg stop at Kaplans. Rich A. in Pa.
    Cheers Rich A
    I'll be going to Johannesburg again not sure when, but will in couple years. Where's Kaplans? I've only located two places to shop and that's "Blunderbuss" (decent pricing) and "The War Store" (over priced)

The roads in SA are okay, other drivers on the road being the main problem :-) It's much worse these days.

I cannot recall all his titles offhand, but I know he finished his last a while back, Troepie Snapshots.

Tom

- - Updated - -

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers Rich A
    I'll be going to Johannesburg again not sure when, but will in couple years. Where's Kaplans? I've only located two places to shop and that's "Blunderbuss" (decent pricing) and "The War Store" (over priced)
    War store also has quite a few fakes thrown in, so beware.

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    The roads in SA are okay, other drivers on the road being the main problem :-) It's much worse these days.

I cannot recall all his titles offhand, but I know he finished his last a while back, Troepie Snapshots.

Tom

- - Updated - -

War store also has quite a few fakes thrown in, so beware.

Tom
    G'day Tom
    We also did a back road trip to the northern province and that's a GEEEEZEUS.
    Every time My Wife and I return to Springs (me 4 times) I see the place degrade

Sorry for bringing up the dead, but unfortunately The Africa Star has since closed down. The owner of the neighboring shop told me that all The Africa Star's items(stock) was sold to a gentleman in Paarl.

-Dylan

Quote by Dylan132 View Post
    Sorry for bringing up the dead, but unfortunately The Africa Star has since closed down. The owner of the neighboring shop told me that all The Africa Star's items(stock) was sold to a gentleman in Paarl.

-Dylan
    Cheers Dylan, shame I couldn't find it

Well if you do come visit SA again there's a nice little shop in Simons Town, mostly uniforms, spent cartridges and some gear, but it's definitely worth checking out. The owner doesn't display all his items in the shop a lot of it is stored in the back/store room, I love asking if he has certain items. I would ask and then he would say "let me check quickly", he would then go to the back and I would hear him ruffling around, a minute later he would return with a few items.

-Dylan

Quote by Dylan132 View Post
    Well if you do come visit SA again there's a nice little shop in Simons Town, mostly uniforms, spent cartridges and some gear, but it's definitely worth checking out. The owner doesn't display all his items in the shop a lot of it is stored in the back/store room, I love asking if he has certain items. I would ask and then he would say "let me check quickly", he would then go to the back and I would hear him ruffling around, a minute later he would return with a few items.

-Dylan
    G'day Dylan

Every few years I have to go to Jo'burg and I frequent Blunderbus, always come out with something worthwhile.
    I think it was a one off visit down to the cape--- scary drive but I'm glad we did it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2