Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Can We Handle the Truth?

Article about: I found this article a few years back, and kept it for some reason. But honestly, was it right or wrong? Ok it's a bit long, but bear with it. I think it's worth it Can We Handle the Truth?

Default Re: Can We Handle the Truth?

Hi Harry and John,
    I think most vet have some type of bitterness left in them you cant go through any campaign and comeout without damage of some sort. It,s like when you find youself staring into space and wakeup to wonder if anybody was looking, or a sound in everyday life brings back a memory. and when someone ask a question you cant explain properly as they dont understand, I spoke to some people from the U.S, about the collections in New york for
    the I.R.A, and they said it didnt happen no one collected for them.
    It,s all denial. Soldierblu, tell your son thank.

Dave.

Post Re: Can We Handle the Truth?

Again Harry, You know when it comes to PIRA and the US in the South ( I now live in Florida) it never ceases to a amaze me about the way some of these folk think, for example, The amount of people I have met here whose ancestors came over with the Mayflower would mean it had a 1000+ Pilgrims on board, and the latest matter is an 18 year old from a family I worked for, he has a huge Irish Tricolour and Pro IRA statement Tattooed on his shoulder, I had many discussions with him talking about the realities, he didn't realise that the troubles were religious in origin, (i know there are a myriad of other issues) He is "Protestant" He hadn't a clue the Provisional's were even "Roman Catholic"!!! This I hasten to add is not how all educated Americans think!

Quote by Soldierblu View Post
    Again Harry, You know when it comes to PIRA and the US in the South ( I now live in Florida) it never ceases to a amaze me about the way some of these folk think, for example, The amount of people I have met here whose ancestors came over with the Mayflower would mean it had a 1000+ Pilgrims on board, and the latest matter is an 18 year old from a family I worked for, he has a huge Irish Tricolour and Pro IRA statement Tattooed on his shoulder, I had many discussions with him talking about the realities, he didn't realise that the troubles were religious in origin, (i know there are a myriad of other issues) He is "Protestant" He hadn't a clue the Provisional's were even "Roman Catholic"!!! This I hasten to add is not how all educated Americans think!
    Hi Soldierblu,
    I can assure you that I don't think all Americans supported the Provo's. But there were many Irish-Americans (who have never even seen Ireland) who funded the 'cause.' They freely gave millions of dollars to Noraid, which in turn was used to buy the weapons to arm the IRA. A certain Mayor of New York is 'fondly' remembered by British veterans for the money he helped to raise with the St Patrick's day parades.

Many IRA gunmen also fled to the USA to seek political asylum. It probably took the events of 9/11 to make many Irish-Americans realise that terrorism could affect everyone. How ironic it is that the worlds biggest ever terrorist attack happened in a city that had itself helped to raise so much money for a terrorist organisation. We have to wake up to the fact that the terrrorist threat is a global threat to us all. These groups of fanatics lose the right to any say about the justice of their 'cause' when they go about butchering innocent civilians.

Harry.

Quote by Soldierblu View Post
    Totally agree with that statement, some people think its "cool" to have things like the tri colour tattooed, whereas if they really knew the story, they wouldn't be so forth comming. I managed to stay away from NI (thank god) but Bosnia was just as bad, never knowing who the enemy was.

Someone once said to me, all wars are religious wars, one mans belief against another. Suppose that could be true, What did we do in Iraq? Is it a much better place to live? Life to the middle eastern people is cheap, it is an honour to die for a cause, look at the Iraq/Iran war. It's best IMO to allow them to get on with thier own lives, and we shouldn't try and enforce werstern ideas onto them, it only ends in tears. A debate that really has no answer, suffice to say, there are certain people i have an opinion on, and that will never change

Gents, in my opinion there is no fairness in war. War is war full stop, events like this are still happening right now. we did it in the Falklands war, and both Iraq wars, some commanders even endorsed it. All sides did it in WW2, WW1 and if you look back in history probably every big engagement that has taken place Soldiers were shot out of hand, right or wrong it does not matter, it will always go on!
    Ben

i would think it was FAIR game as the germans excuted the other sides and vice versa so imho war is war!! these oldies have nothing to be ashamed of!!

yes,,,all's fair in war....& in love

Hi
    As regards N. Ireland I lived here through" The Troubles" and there are Two sides to every story.

Martin

Harry the mole is right many usa citizens supplied the thugs in n.ireland to murder.Thats not to say all usa citizens did.The same murderous thugs are now in government ,encouraged by the ever corrupt british government.THE LEADERS OF THE MURDERING THUGS ARE NOW MILLIONAIRES,THE NEXT PERSON WHO SAYS LIVE BY SWORD DIE BY SWORD ILL GIVE A SWIFT KICK UP THE ARSE!

Trust me i have lived within smelling distance of the so called provo Ira,and they are moral degenerates who would have amounted to nothing in life.They jumped on the bandwagon of nationalism and its paid off for them.If i had my way i would judically execute every one of them for their crimes against humanity.Heres a fact they murdered more catholics than any other in n.ireland,and catholics still vote for them,thick ot what?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast