Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casablanca! Propaganda (Ingrid Bergman)

Article about: Hi all , I know this is a bit of a "tenuous" link to our fine ,military forum but I just thought I would share my newly framed Ingrid Bergman autograph (note.) As we all know Casab

Default Casablanca! Propaganda (Ingrid Bergman)

Hi all , I know this is a bit of a "tenuous" link to our fine ,military forum but I just thought I would share my newly framed Ingrid Bergman autograph (note.) As we all know Casablanca was originally made as a piece of anti Nazi propaganda but turned out to be a real classic of the movie industry that I still enjoy endlessly!! Leon,.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 06-19-2014 at 06:22 PM.

One of the greatest movies ever made and one of my favorites.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A superb film ! That is nice memorabilia !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

La Marseillaise at the end.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    La Marseillaise at the end.
    Even as an Englishman, I love that real Patriotic scene, bugger the oppressors!!!! Leon.

JMM
    ?

One of the top 3 all time movies - a true classic in all ways (plot, cast, dialogues, ending scene, the fact that the script was beeing written and rewritten the day before the actors would say their lines, etc)

Also one of my favorite films - and favourite actresses.........!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Steve.

"You wore blue; the Germans wore grey..."
    A true classic-saw it here on the big screen at its 50th anniversary-the audience applauded at the end, something that was almost unheard of even 20 years ago.

Ingrid Bergman had a unique classic beauty that likely will never be matched. Funny, I never looked a this film as being a piece of propoganda.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

It has many more features than just a piece of polemic but it does have numerous parts that are there for propaganda as well-remember the film was released at the same approximate time as 'Operation Torch' was occurring-there are the references to Nazi brutality and resistance to their tyranny and to the attack on Pearl Harbor that was about to happen; "People asleep all over America..." etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast