Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casually Ran into a Stash of military hardware in Somerset today !

Article about: Thought you chaps might be interested in this. I was driving through wells in Somerset this evening with the family. And Out of the blue almost in the middle of nowhere I see the barrel of a

Default Casually Ran into a Stash of military hardware in Somerset today !

Thought you chaps might be interested in this. I was driving through wells in Somerset this evening with the family. And Out of the blue almost in the middle of nowhere I see the barrel of an anti aircraft gun and from what I could see the front end of blood hound missile poking over a fence on the horizon. As we drove closer it became clear that they were being kept in none other than a Reclamation yard! So we pulled up and took a look. After inspecting them and of course taking pictures of the two rusted pieces of machinery, I decided to walk in a bit further. Then turning a corner I see what looked like a T34 or some kind of Russian tank amongst a sea of garden ornaments. So I walked up and took a look. I'm not sure on what exactly these all are, but they were all priced up for sale ! I didn't bare too look at the price tags as from what I could see things were a tad over priced. But if anybody was interested I think it was simply called 'Well's Reclamation'. Although I forgot too take pictures there was also a huge pile of horribly rusted civil defence Zuckerman helmets !

Just thought I'd share
    Attached Images Attached Images

What on earth didthey want for them??? How did they get there??
    Just wondering??
    Did you talk to anyone?

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

That's not a reclamation yard.....It's Adrian's back garden.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned, I thought it might be yours???
    Wild stuff to have in your back yard. If only I could get it here. I would be the talk of the town.
    Dreaming that is.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Haha I was asking the same questions myself! unfortunately I didn't ask the owner of the yard, I probably should have asked just for the sake of it. As you said I'm also baffled how they even got the things there as it was just off a country road !

The old stone cider presses in the pictures are rather nice too. Rather rare in this day and age i'd imagine.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by The Boy In Battle Dress View Post
    As you said I'm also baffled how they even got the things there as it was just off a country road !
    Probably by landing craft judging by the flooding there. He may have them as home defence as Somerset is regarded as being akin to living in Detroit because of the high levels of criminality and poverty.

Hi,

I saw the T34 there back in 2009 along with with a couple of Ferrets, I didn't ask how much, however the tank looked like it had been standing there for sometime due to rust and paint.

Gotta ring him for a price....

T34 Russian Tank - Wells Reclamation

Quote by big ned View Post
    Gotta ring him for a price....

T34 Russian Tank - Wells Reclamation
    I bet he wants a few quid, he's asking 6 grand for the cider press!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast