Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

CCCP souvenir Gagarin watch

Article about: When I saw this mint cheapo 1960's CCCP souvenir Gagarin watch I just had to have it for the nostalgia value. The fact that it actually functions and keeps pretty good time is an intermitten

Default CCCP souvenir Gagarin watch

When I saw this mint cheapo 1960's CCCP souvenir Gagarin watch I just had to have it for the nostalgia value. The fact that it actually functions and keeps pretty good time is an intermittent bonus

For our younger comrades Soviet pilot and cosmonaut Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin (March 1934 – March 1968) was the first human to journey into outer space, when his Vostok spacecraft completed an orbit of the Earth on 12 April 1961.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

A brave lad, only to die needlessly in a strange flying accident where a larger jet (an Su-15) passed far to close to Gagarin's smaller MiG 15 and sent it crashing to Earth from it's wake turbulence. The Su-15, evidence showed, was unauthorized to be so close to Gagarin's MiG-15(30 feet away!). The name of the Su-15 pilot has never been released nor was there ever anything officially done about it. And so died the 1st man to leave this planet....such a waste...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

amen to that.

I've always been fascinated of Gagarin, a true icon and a brave man. Sad that he died at such young age and at a horrible accident.