Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Cell phone camera pics

Article about: Got these photos from the website The Chive. Interesting way to modify your smart phone to take better pics. I don't know if this really works but thought it was interesting. Might have to g

Yes they do Dean. That's where I got my two examples!!
    Glenn, hope you don't misinterpret my post, I completely understand your side, too. And it can be frustrating trying to authenticate an 7k item with blurry photographs taken from a phone. I was just having some fun.
    I had no ill thoughts about anyone's opinion, nor they way they choose to display their collection.

No prob from my side bud, I was merely amused at the 'logic' of stickytaping a lens to a $300 phone in order to save $40 on something that will do the job better.

Taking that logic further, why buy shoes when you can find some roadkill, scoop out the innards and shove your foot inside, warm, furry and cheap! What better way to save cash for your next militaria purchase!

?

Wow, Cody! I'm getting on the next plane to Hawaii ! The last time I was there I got layed!! ( the flower necklace they give you when you get off the plane)
    We have a silly sense of humor here and I'm sure nobody is put off.
    I don't understand the logic of a $400 dollar iPad having such a crappy camera! i'd rather not spend a dime on an old laser pointer i have laying around, instead of $40 on a new camera!

Just wanted to quick point something out, Glenn...it's a Big "no-no" to display your headgear on Styrophone! Any of the headgear aficionados will tell you-Never Ever do that! lol Apparently, the chemicals in styrophone will eventually damage the materials in your hat! Far better (and safer!) to use glass heads-or even wooden stands. Would be a hell of a shame to see that nice Arty get messed up! And, actually, glass heads aren't all that bad in price, in any case!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Just wanted to quick point something out, Glenn...it's a Big "no-no" to display your headgear on Styrophone! Any of the headgear aficionados will tell you-Never Ever do that! lol Apparently, the chemicals in styrophone will eventually damage the materials in your hat! Far better (and safer!) to use glass heads-or even wooden stands. Would be a hell of a shame to see that nice Arty get messed up! And, actually, glass heads aren't all that bad in price, in any case!
    Or wrap it in foil, and then in fabric (for aesthetics). It will stop anything getting into the leather.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Or wrap it in foil, and then in fabric (for aesthetics). It will stop anything getting into the leather.
    Yup, thats my plan. Probably black fabric? What do you reckon?

I'd go for black too I think.

?

Good advice, William. Personally I use my wife's headbands , or hair bands ...whatever you want to call them ..this way, the styrofoam doesn't stick to the leather .
    Don't get too excited, gentlemen
    Attached Images Attached Images

So everyone thinks its a neat idea except Glenn, who is being a sour puss about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3