Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Chalice thread

Article about: I really do not know what has become of these internet forums, they have always been a bit rough but in recent years they have turned into an unregulated cage match and common decency has ta

Viriathus has been sent away for his rudeness and total nonsense.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The ex member was an obvious spammer looking to stir it up and is well shot of IMFO.

I looked at the thread and the drawing only of the item, its description as being carved out of a single block of obsidian which strikes me as somewhat ridiculous because of its hardness and inherent difficulty of carving and the claim that is was bought for 1.000.000 though whether that was jellybabies or grains of sand was not clear.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

I should have let sleeping dogs sleep.....but Curious George got the better of me.

That will never happen again (not!).

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

could've been paid in rubles, I hear that they're doing well at the moment...

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    I really do not know what has become of these internet forums, they have always been a bit rough but in recent years they have turned into an unregulated cage match and common decency has taken a back seat. Now I have seen some knock down drag out fights, and I have engaged in them as well so maybe I am a hypocrite in a way but that chalice thread was a disgrace. Not only did a guy get the crap kicked out of him by what looks like a wolf pack for asking a question but respected persons joined in for the fanfare. That had to be one of the most rude and mean spirited displays I have ever seen by a gang of forum people.

First of all if you want to make a cash deal on an item there is no safer area to do so than inside an airport, its federal property and there are no guns. So if you want to buy a big dollar item and you do not know the seller you meet in an airport. So that argument is a non-issue. The chalice or cup based on the drawing is plausible but would certainly require scrutiny on a high level. Obsidian is a lava rock and I am not even sure you can engrave it as its so brittle, a skull on the interior makes me squirm but the design is interesting and not out of the question. Photo's not being supplied is of course a flag, unless of course you have experience with forums and know that putting anything unique or out of the norm can lead to disaster and the reason that many people no longer post photos of such items. The participation level of knowledgeable persons in this hobby has dropped to a level that I have not seen before and items are not being posted in many cases at all. Personally I never post anything for opinion and use e-mail if I have to.

That guy posted a question and he got his ass kicked for doing it, that was a disgrace and it was rude, mean spirited, and it was carried out by a gang of forum participants from top to bottom in experience levels. I was shocked to see Freidrich with his tomato photo and that was the icing on the cake for me. That was so bad that I did not want to say anything for fear of getting trounced, and I can handle myself.

That was shameful and I feel bad for the guy.
    Pardon me, but this person was apparently a trouble maker, which I well sensed. I have every right to say so. You, however, have no right to attack me in this way whatsoever and I cordially demand an apology from you in this space.
    I stand by what I have done for this forum, as well as my expertise, and I will thank you to keep out of my business or my attempt to build up this site which is under constant assault from fakes and frauds.

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    That guy posted a question.
    Yes, but, you see, the thing is... when it comes to questions, it was a very silly one.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I looked at the thread and the drawing only of the item, its description as being carved out of a single block of obsidian which strikes me as somewhat ridiculous because of its hardness and inherent difficulty of carving and the claim that is was bought for 1.000.000 though whether that was jellybabies or grains of sand was not clear.
    Well, that "million" remark was clearly a (somewhat unsuccessful) attempt at being funny/sarcastic.

After all, according to the alleged archaeologist Mr. Viriathus, the alleged friend will allegedly fly to NY to meet the alleged seller of the alleged artifact only in March 2015.

Provided all parties actually exist (and that's a big ol' IF), there is probably a rather good chance that the friend and/or his money will not return from that expedition.

Alas, now we will never know...

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    No need to apologize, Michael...One can browse through many old threads here featuring SS-Rune-embellished garbage that some sucker paid BIG BUCKS for, only to find out here that they've been wholly deceived and robbed of their hard-earned money...Not to mention some of the stories we've heard here, haunted SS Rings was the topic here not too long ago...!! In my 40 years of study and collecting, both in the US and in Germany, I've heard ADULTS talk of radioactive Nazis hiding out in "underground hangars" at Coleman Barracks in Mannheim to Nazi fugitives to South America carrying along several SS decorated alarm clocks with them, and now offered for sale as original...This entire thread was an exercise in futility that I expect from the other forums, and I will continue to do my part in keeping our Forum dedicated to the investigation of facts based upon evidence...cheers, Glenn
    I associate myself with the above from a very fine colleague and a man of singular insight and expertise.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Pardon me, but this person was apparently a trouble maker, which I well sensed. I have every right to say so. You, however, have no right to attack me in this way whatsoever and I cordially demand an apology from you in this space.
    I stand by what I have done for this forum, as well as my expertise, and I will thank you to keep out of my business or my attempt to build up this site which is under constant assault from fakes and frauds.
    Friedrich,

I ran his profile and saw nothing to indicate trouble there. You need to differentiate between an attack and an observation of ridicule from one who has such expertise and reverence amongst the community onto a novice. I owe no apology to you and only questioned your treatment of the person in question and it's appearance coming from a person of your stature. Your demand is respectfully declined.

?

ajax I admire the way You felt You had to defend a new members naivety but Your sense of loyalty and need to defend some one is misguided on this occasion.

Quote by lew07 View Post
    ajax I admire the way You felt You had to defend a new members naivety but Your sense of loyalty and need to defend some one is misguided on this occasion.
    There is nothing visible in this guys profile to indicate an issue, it's questions and polite responses and not so much as a minor indicator that would have given me pause when I reviewed it. I would not go to bat for the guy if I saw something that led me to believe otherwise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast