Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Changing collecting interests, how has your collecting interest changed over the years?

Article about: Oftentimes when I see someone sell an item they mention that they have changed their collecting focus, and it no longer fits into their collection. I'm currently downsizing everything that i

thats true michael and very pc my latest work in progress and plenty of blood sweat and beers cheers james 002_zps4da50ebf.jpg
    Last edited by James C; 05-11-2015 at 05:50 PM.

MAP
    ?

The operative word being beer

And I'm the furthest thing from being (or agreeing to be) PC....lol
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I orginaly started with my great grandads ww1 medals and ww2 home guard side cap, I still do get things from my grandparents but I started buying British and commonwealth helmets now its british and commonwealth Uniforms (Not a major change you just change one word, helmets to uniforms)

Matt

I started collecting when I was around 8 years old, growing up in Lampertheim, Germany in the 1970s...anything military I could get my hands on...WWII items, Bundeswehr and US Gear...ran around the neighborhood with it and got a kick out of the attention from the older people, lol...By the time I was 13 I had a footlocker packed with Militaria...But as I've gotten older and more mature in my studying and understanding of the era, I think my collection-interests expanded as my knowledge increased...With more information becoming available, with the emergence of the online militaria market especially...Now, I've settled into a much more relaxed mode of collecting, and no longer have to have it all...I got rid of the larger items (Panzerfaust etc) last year and now try to concentrate on Select Representative Examples of 1914-1945 German Awards, diverse & historically significant German Paper Items, and those unique gems I find myself unable to resist of course, lol...I was tempted to get into greater detail of my Militaria Obsession, perhaps another time, lol...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 05-12-2015 at 01:16 AM.

Love the Tuff Wheels on the BMX! Those things were indestructible!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4