Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cheapest SS collectables.

Article about: I've got no SS items in my collection (got a fake Waffen SS buckle), what do you good people regard as budget SS collectables? Cheers.

Default Re: Cheapest SS collectables.

Quote by brataccas View Post
    1939 SS marked bullet casings are cheap
    I have a number of 1938 SS DWM ZB 37 casings, found in Poland

The only SS related item in my collection is this Dutch SS publication...at 44 Euros I considered it a reasonable price...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for replies people!..

All levity aside, the major detriment to SS material is the fuss and bother that clings to it from those who are jealous if you have some, and then generate an information operations campaign that everything is fake.
    I stepped off this cliff decades ago, and have never recovered.
    I do think there are all sorts of interesting III. Reich things that one can amass without heartache, though.
    On the other hand, since the early 1960s, this material of the SS has scarcely lost value.
    Happy collecting.
    PS Plus, if you use this appliance correctly, there is a small cadre of persons here who will help you, as well as the dregs who will terrorize you.
    But we try to ethnically cleanse the latter when they act up, which has made this site better than others.
    Also, we do not just quote the Schiffer books, but actually have collections as well as access to some of the primary sources.
    The level of service and quality of knowledge is better here.

U-064t.jpgDA-2.jpgRD072611-62.jpgc342e.jpgeye.jpgproduktion-im-werk-sindelfingen.jpgrussian-women-300x274.jpgattachment-1.jpgUntitled.jpgHG_36c[1].JPGAlso, I would say that cheap things found in dodgy places are likely similar to the e proposition that there is nothing more expensive than a cheap, used Mercedes Benz. So it is with SS material, the good stuff of which is concentrated in a few hands, and then it is quite costly....but it tends to be authentic. I am also no militaria dealer, nor a cynical member of the cartel.
    The globalization and digitalization of the second world war and its cast off junk has had a remarkable impact on supply and demand, as well as the creation of wealth in places where new collectors are sprouting up in a manner I would never have dreamed possible. And, my first principle is simple: our collecting is for the preservation and interpretation of the past, and not speculation in rare commodities to put one over on the chumps.
    I always scraped together what money I had to buy this stuff, instead of doing the sane. bourgeois things with money, and I have never regretted it.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-16-2013 at 10:37 PM.

?

Quote by brataccas View Post
    1939 SS marked bullet casings are cheap
    That would be my input as well. Just what i thought of. But remember there is a lot of fake items out there when it comes to WSS.

Regards, Lars

Well, it depends what is for You expensive and what is not. For example for a $100 You can have a ground dug W-SS belt buckle. Is it expensive? 5 decent meals or a good party in Friday...

Waffen-SS Sterbebilder can be found for not too much money. They are also great to research.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Waffen-SS Sterbebilder can be found for not too much money. They are also great to research.
    a fine suggestion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast