Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Christmas in Australia is different

Article about: G'day all, we had a surprise visitor from the North Pole at our surf club this morning, he was especially popular with the kids but I think all of us big kids thought he was pretty good too!

Default Re: Christmas in Australia is different

Christmas in Australia is different

Ha Ha same here in South-Africa

?

All the best Dave, have a good one and tell Father Christmas not to forget the good boys 'n girls on the forum!

Regards,

Carl

p.s. Strange...but not quite as strange as the Jamaican Santa I once saw...riding a donkey through the village ("MERRAH KRISMAAASSS CHILRIN!!!")

That beats the wet Christmas we have here ! I could cope with turkey on the beach !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

My tourists always reckon that It doesn't feel like Christmas here but I always tell them that to us it does because it is normal to have a warm Christmas for us. The forecast for Christmas day here is slightly below average temperature but still a very pleasant 30c.

Merry Xmas Sandgroper and to All.
    We in Melbourne have the forecast at 28° for Xmas but a sultry Xmas eve at 35° hmmph hot

Merry Christmas to you Rene, I've spent a fair bit of time in Vic and I reckon it's a great place, especially up around the north east, Beechworth, Mansfield area, I just love Kelly country. Cheers mate, Dave.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Merry Xmas Sandgroper and to All.
    We in Melbourne have the forecast at 28° for Xmas but a sultry Xmas eve at 35° hmmph hot
    Its a balmy 10 degrees here !!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

This brings me back fifty years ago, when I was at the former Dutch colony of New-Guinea,
    serving my time in the army (1961-1962) as an observer for the light-"flak". New-Guinea is
    not so far away from Australia.
    Normally I had a quite cold Christmas, occasionally with snow, when being in the Netherlands.
    But up there it was quite warm, not to say hot, especially for us Europeans. No snow, but lots
    of sun and high temperatures.

So, drinking much is what we did. We made something out if it that Christmas, even with a sort
    of Christmas-tree. And we made something out of a New Year's celebration.
    Pitily I can't remember much from the first two days in 1962. I had never been sóóó drunk before
    then!! Fifteen minutes before New Year "my lights went out"!!

Have a great Christmas, all of you!!!

Great story Wilhelm, probably a good thing not to drink like that anymore! I would love to experience a Christmas with snow, maybe a visit to Canada one Christmas might be the go, my wife and daughter want to see snow too.

Sandgroper: isn't it fun to see that guy from the Northpole visiting you up there with your sunny beaches.
    The kids will have had a great day!

In those days we hardly did know about that bearded man. We had another one in early December (5/6th),
    known by the name of Sinterklaas (St. Nikolaas/Santa Claus), accompanied by his assistants, "zwarte Piet"'
    (Black Peter). He "came over" to visit us up there. We from the army, but also airforce, marines and the navy
    had great fun. Just kids!

I did drink then, as what came out (as sweat), due to the heat, had to be replaced by drinks, many, many
    drinks (Dutch beer, Scottish whiskey and Captain Morgan-rum). Since about 20 years I do not drink anymore.
    And when a good glass of wine with a dinner or beer without no alcohol, which tastes as cat-pee. But what
    the heck! Proost, prosit, cheers, cherio, pro, a votre sante, salut, skaal, bottoms up, zum Wohl, kampai,
    na zdorovje, slainte mhor etc.etc.!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2