Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Christmas Greetings WW2 style

Article about: Hello Ladies and gent's, Since it is that time of year again to spread Family love and joy. Since this is a collectors forum and we deal with items from the war years. I thought I would star

?

Default Christmas Greetings WW2 style

Hello Ladies and Gent's,
    Since it is that time of year again to spread Family love and joy and this is a collectors forum and we deal with items from the war years. I thought I would start this thread off with this Vmail my Uncle sent home from England when he was stationed in Grafton Underwood UK Station 106 with the 384th Bomb Group 545th Bomb Squadron. He was tailgunner on B17's. He was shot down on the 4/13/1944 Schweinfurt raid and spent the rest of the war as a POW in Stalag 17B.
    So if you have anything that was sent home during the Christmas season during those time's (WW1 Or WW2) lets see them.
    Merry Christmas to all of the great people I have had the privilege to meet on this fine site.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    scan0008.jpg
    Last edited by AZPhil; 12-20-2014 at 06:27 AM.

?

Default Front Christmas 1939 - 1940

Here are a couple pictures of my Oma's cousin who served in a Luftwaffe Flak Division. They are pictured behind a small Christmas tree. The sign reads "Front Christmas for 1939 - 1940" These are from his photo album. He is Far right in the first picture (shortest soldier) and in the back center second row of second photo middle guy with Luftwaffe cap. Merry Christmas All and blessed Holiday Season.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rossi; 12-20-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Great pic's Kirk! I hope that some other members might have some kind of pic's for this season during those time's. So I'm bumping this to the top again.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Not mine but one I saw a while back. WWII from the RWF.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hans Giglberger front.jpgHans Giglberger back.jpg

On this, the seventieth anniversary of the fierce fighting on the Western Front in the Hurtgenwald and in the Ardennes Offensive, it might be well to remember those like young Hans here who would never quite make it back home and only leave mementos like this of their passing... ( Of course, that goes for members on both sides of the conflict. )

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Not mine but one I saw a while back. WWII from the RWF.
    Wow that's a coincidence! my friend used to live on Swinton park rd which is the next street to Delamere rd!..