Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

(Civil War) " My Experience as a Prisoner of War " family Story

Article about: Hello All, I had made a post explaining my wife's interesting family lineage when we made a trip to the Grand Canyon and the Percival Lowell observatory. One of those stories is of a Confede

Great History Phil...my mother went to school with a Switzer in the late 1940s and lived in New Jersey ..I dont know if there was any relation to your Switzer but worth a mention.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I'm glad you saw this Larry. It is the story I had mentioned to you a while back. I just had to wait for it to be published to share here.
    If you have a first name of the Switzer it would help. Then I can see if there are any by that name in the lineage paper work my MIL has.

For those cousin's on the other side of the Pond, I wonder if this area is familiar to any of you???

This is the father of the Reverend .

" Oliver was the proprietor of the Angel Inn in Marlborough in 1653 and during the years of 1655, 1662, and 1663, he was the churchwarden for the parish of St. Peter and St. Paul inn Marlborough."

I found an Angel Inn in Marlborough but not sure if it is the real one or just another one built in it's place.
    That is where my research stopped because I don't know anybody over in that area.

Yeah that was a cry for help!!!LOL!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

interesting read, I also do family research and have recently discovered that my Maternal Grandmother's family has been in the U.S. since the 1650's, with several of my ancestors receiving Revolutionary War veteran pensions! Also, I've discovered that my 5x great-grandfather, George Rodgers, was a private in the 16th Illinois Calvary Regiment during the civil war! Sadly however, he passed away of dysentery at the Andersonville prison camp in 1864 and is currently buried in an unmarked grave somewhere in either Georgia or Alabama.

?

Phil great stuff thanks for posting your family history . Gary

Phil,
    Great and well written story, I felt Asa’s pain, hunger and desire to live, the fear of capture and the compassion of others. Thank you for sharing

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2