Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Civility

Article about: I agree with Suka f, living in the same town as he, we have a certain kind of humor foreigners do not understand and take it offencive. But let's all be fair, we are all on this forum to lea

Default Re: Civility

I agree with Suka f, living in the same town as he, we have a certain kind of humor foreigners do not understand and take it offencive.
    But let's all be fair, we are all on this forum to learn and to take advise from the experts.
    If you disagree (which is your right), you answer in a non agressive way because once the ball is rolling, there is almost no way back.

The language problem for non english speaking members is huge, remember we do not always know the right words or technical frases. So don't be mad if we use translations which are totaly wrong.

The best example is the BBC's Allo Allo in wich the frensh and germans (and english spies) say the funniest things.

I shall say this only once

Jean

Great place, great bunch of like minded people, great advice... Excellent

Regards to all, Simon.

Thank you Jim.

I think you all know I place great store by Gentlemanly conduct here. I think it is what sets this forum apart.

To all you guys who write English as a a second language, you have my greatest respect!

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thank you Jim.

I think you all know I place great store by Gentlemanly conduct here. I think it is what sets this forum apart.

To all you guys who write English as a a second language, you have my greatest respect!

Cheers, Ade.
    Indeed - we don't seem to get any of the bitchiness that occurs in other forums.

Keep up the standards chaps

Richie

?

There was an old saying, treat others as you would want to be treated, so if people , and i dont mean members whos english is a second language, cant be civil to the very knowledgable members on this forum, they should think twice before asking for advice, its not always the case of civility, its sometimes downright rudeness, i for one have learnt so much on this forum that i have come to rely on the information given here, and would trust the opinions and help without question, and i have been collecting for 45yrs plus and still learning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2