Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Claim limit for Paypal warning to all!!!!!

Article about: Hi all, I just found this out and thought those who buy on EBay should know. There is a limit to claims!!! This is on the EBay / PayPal policy page ( you have to look for it ) No More Than T

Default Claim limit for Paypal warning to all!!!!!

Hi all,

I just found this out and thought those who buy on EBay should know.

There is a limit to claims!!! This is on the EBay / PayPal policy page ( you have to look for it )

No More Than Three Claims Awarded Per Year.

Buyers are limited to receiving no more than three claim payouts per calendar year under Extended Buyer Protection. After a buyer reaches the award limit, he or she may file additional claims under PayPal's standard Buyer Complaint Process.
    Recovery of funds, however, will not be guaranteed under the Buyer Complaint Process. Claim payout limits apply for both PayPal Buyer Protection claims and Extended Buyer Protection claims. For example, a payout for a Extended Buyer Protection claim and a payout for a PayPal Buyer Protection claim will both count toward the same award limit; if a claim were filed beyond the award limit for either a PayPal Buyer Protection eligible item or Extended Buyer Protection eligible item, this additional claim would fall under PayPal's standard Buyer Complaint Process.

So be aware – if you reach your claim limit, the 4th dud item you claim may NOT be honoured!
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks for sharing!

And for those that do not go near ebay its not just ebay sales - anything you use PayPal for and claim against counts.

Dan

Bugger me (not literally you understand).

Thanks for the heads up - me thinks they kept that rather quiet.

Cheers
    Tim

They also changed the delay to rapport a claim from 45 to 180 days!!
    I did experienced that 45 days is a little short but 180 days is a lot!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I came close to a claim a while ago!
    And at to appeal on them for a "false" claim, I was proven "probably"(!!) right, and given a 1/2 refund of the total.
    That is about all of bad experiences with PP for the time I have been working with them (something like 15 years I think).
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

180 days is not bad, 45 days was always too short IMO, especially when you are waiting on things from Russia, Eastern Europe etc.

Well 180 days is certainly better. This only just came in on November 18th and I missed seeing that.
    Thanks for the heads up!