Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Collecting Nazi memorabilia is it wrong ?

Article about: by big ned I sense the inky fingerprints of a journalist all over this question looking for something where they can get in a few cheap shots that will not bear well towards the collecting c

Default Re: Collecting Nazi memorabilia is it wrong ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I sense the inky fingerprints of a journalist all over this question looking for something where they can get in a few cheap shots that will not bear well towards the collecting community as a whole, so I will not be commenting.

On the otherhand, I did go to a party as 'Bacon' Hitler at the weekend! Unfortunately, that went down like a turd in the trifle.

Regards, Ned.
    Ned is that really you? lol

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    ned whats the chances that if this badge is a reporter/journalist your pics all over the headlines looks brilliant there should be a series

tom
    Lol ned just does this for the laughs, Have a quick search on google images

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    I dont think that is actually Ned Tom

Nick
    You're correct Nick. The real Ned would add brown sauce.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hmm...I did not think so....

lol im sure it would be tomatoe ketchup to simbolise 20july

tom

There's been a few articles floating around in the press today regarding Hermann Historica's next auction that has Hitler's reading glasses, a pocket watch and strangely, a presentation cigarette case personalised with his initials.(Not a lot of thought went into that....It's like buying me a unicycle.)

They proceeded to moot prices and ask the usual old chestnuts about 'who would possibly buy these items' you know, the normal crap that they dig up on a day short of any real news.

Tom, the fancy dress was a poor choice which I now regret.....How was I to know that my partners boss Mr. Goldberg and his wife were guests of honour???? Oh...and then there was the matter of the bacon.....DOH!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    There's been a few articles floating around in the press today regarding Hermann Historica's next auction that has Hitler's reading glasses, a pocket watch and strangely, a presentation cigarette case personalised with his initials.
    Any links Ned?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I collect for many reasons and really dont give a damn, if someone else hates the idea. I collect mainly because of getting started thankx to my MOTHER, and go my first badge because of a German sailor giving it to my Grandfather as an act of friendship after the war. The badge: A Destroyer War Badge made by Friedrich Orth. The man who gave that badge to my Grandfather served on the Uboat that sank his ship. They met some years after the war, became great friends till they passed away. Anyway, the Destroyer badge was given to my Grandfather who gave the sailor his Merchant Marines Medal For War Wounded. Well, on said Uboat sailors death, the Destroyer war badge was to be kept by pour family and he also had his family return my Granddads badge as he felt it belonged where p[eople would take care of it.

I also collect because i like doing research on stuff and to preserve history.

Anyway, to make it shprt and sweet, I dont give a damn what people think of me for collecting this stuff. I happen to like the unique designs created for each special badge, and I dont have the spare funds to collect American sooooooooooooooo, my money goes for the German stuff.

?

I think Neds been HAMMING IT UP AGAIN !!!!!!

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Any links Ned?
    Here's one in the Daily Wail......

Reading glasses Hitler tried to keep secret set to fetch £5,000 at auction | Mail Online

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast