Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Collection liquidation

Article about: Hi All, I will have mine sent to The Marshall's Baton and Hermann Historica for Auction, as everybody I know sadly thinks TR Militaria is Nazi crap! Regards SK

?

Default Collection liquidation

What instructions would you give your spouse regarding the disposal of your German WW 2 militaria collection upon your demise?

?

Put me in a big casket... I'm taking it with me... Hahaha..
    Snoman, seriously if you have children that are interested in the hobby I would
    have it handed down. If not, I would then seek out before my demise "A" young collector that could appreciate the task of preserving this information and pass it on in kind for future
    collectors.. Far too many veteran bringbacks and collections are being sold for mere profit
    with little regard as to the price paid for or human value ie; My grandfather's sounenirs and stories...
    Some families just don't care and actually throw the stuff in the rubbish bin... Museums sometimes are the worst lot.. Unless it is an actuall war museum.. When the local "Museum" folded here some many years ago all of the displays, guns and what not were "Auctioned" off or were "Lost" in cataloging conviniently...Just my two cents....G

Quote by Snoman View Post
    What instructions would you give your spouse regarding the disposal of your German WW 2 militaria collection upon your demise?
    "Send it all to my good friend Big Ned in England.......Along with the kids' college fund.....Urrgh."
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Leave clear instructions on Where and Who to contact about selling it for the best prices and values-otherwise, they could either dispose of it or sell it to the 1st jerk that comes along and tells them it's all worth 50 bucks. Draw up a list of trustable dealers or collectors to contact.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

She can send all to Ned, it's a serious man!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I think I'd look pretty cool in a casket wearing an EK or two...
    But seriously, as I have no children I will either sell it all off or pass it on to a younger collector who would appreciate them...Maybe even donate it all to the Forum to raise funds...!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Just helped my Dad downsize into a much smaller but much warmer and more manageable modern house - quality of life /health wise he admits he is much better off, but we did have to dispose of a lot of stuff - he is not a collector, but is ex service and over the years amassed a lot of junk from all over the world - sadly all his uniforms went years ago & he was ripped off, but that's another story. Eventually I foresee myself having to do something similar one day - kids are at university now, so how long we can keep a four bedroom 300 year old high maintenance rural house with garden, old hen cabins and a large several hundred square foot workshop (all piled high!) and several miles from town? So apart from a select few items, I regard my collection as my retirement / travel fund - to be enjoyed for now!

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I think I'd look pretty cool in a casket wearing an EK or two...
    But seriously, as I have no children I will either sell it all off or pass it on to a younger collector who would appreciate them...Maybe even donate it all to the Forum to raise funds...!
    cheers, Glenn
    I'm younger than you Glenn by a few years!! So when you are thinking of that option remember me!!! lol..

?

What I have done is wrote everything down on cards..what I paid for it when I bought from who?. So the wife has a rough idea how much it is worth. & at the same time she knows how to use this site so she would ask?. So if you get a Mrs Tango asking lots of questions
    1. don't rip her off
    2 . you know I have gone!!!! lol. Cheers Terry.

Magdeburg uniform shop .jpgI plan to sell mine prior to my demise to spare all concerned the heartache.
    Of course, the SS market has died a horrid, lingering death in utter penury,
    so there is little point. I should make a heap of it and set it aflame, since it is all worthless. I read about this fact especially on the other site each day.
    Nonetheless, the recent sales of certain items have given me some ideas on the way ahead. I would mention the wonderful Pepera material, which, despite what I wrote above, sold briskly.
    I am also pestered constantly by dealers, too.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-06-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast