Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Collection Photography for the Novice Photographer on a Budget

Article about: Hello all! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and are ready for another week! I am posting this thread in hopes of helping the beginner photographer or someone on a budget who may not be ab

?

Default Collection Photography for the Novice Photographer on a Budget

Hello all!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and are ready for another week! I am posting this thread in hopes of helping the beginner photographer or someone on a budget who may not be able to buy the latest and greatest camera to photograph their collection. I recently changed phones, one reason being for the better quality camera and large screen. But, even though my camera is great at capturing the average photo, it is extremely difficult to get close up shots of details and the details is often blurred when the phone is put to close to the object. I decided to buy these phone lenses. A magnetic ring is attached around the camera on your cell phone (using a small amount of adhesive that is already on the ring). Then when you need to use the lenses they simply attach to the the magnetic ring. In the pack that I bought there are three lenses included, a fish eye lense, a wide angle lense and a macro lense. The best part is the three lenses only cost $13! For the purpose of the forum I will only show the affects of the macro lense, but the fish eye and wide angle lenses are fun to play with when taking normal pictures. I have included pictures of my German LP-42 Flare gun (the photos progress from further out to closer in on the markings), a black Verwundetenabzeichen and a Eisernes Kreuz 2nd Klasse. Hope you all enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Default Re: Collection Photography for the Novice Photographer on a Budget

Excellent thread and some good advice Doug. A useful tool for anyone on a budget.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you Adrian! I had never seen or heard of these before and when a friend showed them to me I had to pick them up. Once I found them online I immediately thought that the forum members would enjoy them just as much as I have.

?

One question has just entered my mind, will the magnet have any long term affect on the phone? I always thought magnets and computery type chippy things had to be kept separate?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I believe that the magnets are very small. The magnets are strong enough to hold the light-weight lense to the ring and thats it. I don't think the magnet will have any negative affects on the phone. Plus the magnets are not on the phone long-term, just when you need to use them.