Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Collectors Beware of Craigslist Scam

Article about: I hope this SOB get taken down..

Default Re: Collectors Beware of Craigslist Scam

Craigslist, one of the wort places to buy off. Hope you get this dick.
    Morris

?

Craigslist states you should NEVER send money to anybody. Especially a money order. Thats crazy. $270 for a helmet and HJ knife should have raised some eyebrows. If it sounds to good to be true then it usually is. If you must use Craigslist, at least use Paypal or something similar.

Quote by DeLuxxe View Post
    Found an Ad on Cleveland Ohio Craigslist for some "WW2 German Stuff".

The guy sent pictures of everything he had for sale.
    I sent him a money order for $270 for the Helmet and the HJ Knife over a month ago. Made several excuses for not shipping them out. Such as family emergencies etc.. Finally he Claims he shipped them out, but never gave a tracking number. I repeatedly requested it, but never received it. Tried to call him and now his phone is off. Beware of this scumbag

Robert Spring
    1677 Bunts
    Lakewood, Ohio 44107
    440-666-7276

Heres the pics he sent me :

Attachment 484095Attachment 484096Attachment 484097Attachment 484098Attachment 484099Attachment 484100
    Please do not buy goods per money order. If possible use PayPal as that method will keep you protected. But what a dirtbag this guy is. Unfortunately too many of them around online auctions.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Gents,

Just a polite request...

Many of us have been cheated in one way or another out of our hard earned money at sometime, and it is great to give each other a heads up with threads such as this one. However, despite the anger that often accompanies us when we are typing away, can we please try to at least make some sort of effort regarding the use of foul/vulgar language here on the forum?

Thanks,

Carl

p.s. The very best of luck with trying to recoup your losses!

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope you can get your money back. Good luck!
    AZPhil: Nice investigating skills!
    WRF road trip to Lakewood! Ha! I guess I'm driving, Cleveland isn't that far for me!

Luke

?

My pleasure trying to help!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

So I hope to hear something about this in the future. Please keep me informed about this!
    I hate to see someone get burned!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I used to use Craigslist until I was scammed by the same 'Robert Spring' back in 2010. If I recall correctly, the address he used was in Minnesota. Luckily I was only out $40, but still, I don't think I will ever be returning to Craigslist again after that.

I even talked to him over the phone!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I used to use Craigslist until I was scammed by the same 'Robert Spring' back in 2010. If I recall correctly, the address he used was in Minnesota. Luckily I was only out $40, but still, I don't think I will ever be returning to Craigslist again after that.

I even talked to him over the phone!
    Do tell more. What did you "buy" off him? Do you still have his old address and phone number? We talked on the phone as well. I noticed he had a Minnesota accent

The more info we can dig up the closer we can get to nailing him

?

OH yeah We need to join forces on this MOFO and bring him DOWN!!!!! So what are we calling a Minnesota accent? A lot a "A"s thrown in ? or more of a Nord type accent??
    Its HAMMER TIME!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast