Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Collector's Guild

Article about: Forum I have purchased from CG a few times and each time that lovely woman is always prompt and courteous. The items, in my case, were just as described. With that said, ALL dealers have fak

Default Re: Collector's Guild

Forum

I have purchased from CG a few times and each time that lovely woman is always prompt and courteous. The items, in my case, were just as described. With that said, ALL dealers have fakes looming somewhere. I am sure the good dealers don't intentionally sell fakes, they just don't have the knowledge in that area, but need to have those items to be considered good/big dealers. It's a buyer beware world now and always has been. This is one of the reasons why I don't own a helmet yet, I want to gain the knowledge to pick it and have some confidence it's authentic, not pay a dealer for his expertise. Think about it for a moment, it takes 5 years to gain accurate knowlege with helmets, 5 years knowledge with medals, 5 years with kit, 5 years etc etc etc. Every dealer out there couldn't possibly be a top expert at every item. CG is reputable and respectable, I will buy from again. Haven't returned anything to CG but if that day was to arrive, I know they will honor their sale and their customers.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

His prices are high and some of his early Iron crosses are not always
    what they appear to be. Like any dealer, sometimes mistakes happen.
    Do your homework.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I placed my first order with them this past Saturday for an item. I understand they are Monday-Friday so I didn't expect an immediate response. Carey responded on Monday asking what my mailing address is to calculate postage. I responded within a half hour and then followed up yesterday and still have yet to receive a final price and payment instructions. This first order was more of a test but it's a little disheartening to not hear back. Is this normal? I understand it's the holiday week but I responded promptly on Monday and was not made aware of any potential delays.

?

Quote by Newbie View Post
    The prices on the Guild are "stupid" high !!!! They have a SS Dutch sleeve shield listed for over $200, i bought same shield from another dealer, $75. Nice stuff, but i will never purchase from there! You can get much better deals through other dealers and just within the collector community itself, and a lot better customer service !!!! To name 2 dealers who have realistic prices, Karl at summervacationmillitaria.com and Paul at lakesidetrader.com both of these men are very knowledgeable and are very awesome to deal with !!!!!!
    According to my experiences Karl is THE slowest dealer i have ever tried to make a deal with(along with Rask Antik). I gave up with Karl. I have done quite some business with Collectors Guild and i like them. The only time they have been slow in response have been up to Thanksgiving. 5 days with no reply, but he wrote today. Good shipping and good items.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    I placed my first order with them this past Saturday for an item. I understand they are Monday-Friday so I didn't expect an immediate response. Carey responded on Monday asking what my mailing address is to calculate postage. I responded within a half hour and then followed up yesterday and still have yet to receive a final price and payment instructions. This first order was more of a test but it's a little disheartening to not hear back. Is this normal? I understand it's the holiday week but I responded promptly on Monday and was not made aware of any potential delays.
    I have had the same experience. I get a mail from Carey while working at the PC answering immediately getting no answer back. I guess they are just busy. She always answers the day after. No problems. You can also read my post above

Regards, Lars

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    His prices are high and some of his early Iron crosses are not always
    what they appear to be. Like any dealer, sometimes mistakes happen.Do your homework.
    Not only EK's....he could do with more knowledge on post/cold war German/BW militaria, as some is mis-identified and some are very iffy......like this rather bad modern and artificially aged FAKE Deutsche Kreuz in Gold is currently for sale on the site at over $400
    Prost ! Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Hello Gents,

C G most likely have this on consignment from somebody. One can state that they/he should do a little better research on items. However i think that you guys browse the C G site at times and find something iffy, drop them a line and tell them. Might save a colleagues hard earned money. I am quite sure Peter from C G wouldn't mind.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Hello Gents, However i think that you guys browse the C G site at times and find something iffy, drop them a line and tell them. Might save a colleagues hard earned money. I am quite sure Peter from C G wouldn't mind.Regards, Lars
    I have over the last couple of years tried to contact this dealer.... in an attempt to buy items, and got no where, not reply, nothing/zilch ! So if you think I am going to waste my time composing an e-mail to inform him of fakes/iffy items, think again..........Like it has already been stated, do not blindly believe what a dealer states...do your homework...show here before being relieved of your hard earned dosh !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

They do not know their butts from a hole in the ground about early American military items and do not contact you when your items are sold. The prices that are charged reflect the 19% that they add on the price of an item which also includes the 14% they charge the owner which the owner usually adds to his price.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    I have over the last couple of years tried to contact this dealer.... in an attempt to buy items, and got no where, not reply, nothing/zilch ! So if you think I am going to waste my time composing an e-mail to inform him of fakes/iffy items, think again..........Like it has already been stated, do not blindly believe what a dealer states...do your homework...show here before being relieved of your hard earned dosh !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Well Steve.. I have no knowledge of you trying to purchase items from C G, so turn down the "charm" a notch! I was just suggesting and not being rude or anything. I will tell him about the fake D K when he is finished with Thanksgiving the 26. Let's see what he is going to do about it.

I guess it's just like that with dealers. Some are happy with Karl at "Summer" militaria. I had the same experience with him as you had with C G.

Regards, Lars

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast