Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

'Combat Dealers' back on UK TV.

Article about: Just a quick heads-up for UK viewers ; 'Combat Dealers' returned last night for its second series on Quest TV. Love it or hate it, it's the only programme I know of which takes a reasonably

Arrow 'Combat Dealers' back on UK TV.

Just a quick heads-up for UK viewers ; 'Combat Dealers' returned last night for its second series on Quest TV. Love it or hate it, it's the only programme I know of which takes a reasonably informed look at WWII militaria.

( I'll admit to being a fan - I get a laugh out of watching Bruce... )

Best telly, if you wanted I know you could pick holes in it in the same way a serious car fan would with a program like Top Gear.
    But it's great entertainment, and I love it.

Jonathan.

?

I watched the episode where they went to the Philippines. Reasonable entertainment I guess. What made me cough though was when he came out and offered $500 for a USN "Talker" helmet worth about $150. Seriously.

Season 3 of Combat Dealers will start coming Tuesday (January 10) on Quest in the UK!

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Season 3 of Combat Dealers will start coming Tuesday (January 10) on Quest in the UK!
    Yes I am looking forward to it !! I am a Bruce fan myself !

Hurrah ! something to cheer up the winter evenings best Bruce Quote "that's a lot of money for a 2nd hand Merc" when told how many millions 1 of Adolfs Mercedes was up for sale for

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Yes I am looking forward to it !! I am a Bruce fan myself !
    Bruce is a genuinely nice and friendly guy, and very knowledgeable. In real life he's exactly the same as he is in the show.

For those without Quest (like me), Combat Dealers is often also on Discovery Channel and all previous episodes cans also be found on Dailymotion.com

Sorry guys i just think it's scripted garbage the same as other "reality" shows!..

Whatever its shortcomings, they do get some good kit on there.........
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I've tagged along on several filming occasions and it's very scripted indeed. That however is necessary to keep it interesting for the masses or nobody would buy the program. Remember it's made for general entertainment, not as a documentary for collectors.

I think the show does a very good job in bringing our hobby to the attention of the greater public in a positive way, and it might even prevent that someone finds grandpa's 'old army junk' and just bins it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast