Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Contact at the Berlin Documentation Centre

Article about: Does anybody have a contact, with whom they have had correspondence with at the Berlin Document Centre? Assistance regarding a project I am working on is required rather urgently, so any hel

?

Default Contact at the Berlin Documentation Centre

Does anybody have a contact, with whom they have had correspondence with at the Berlin Document Centre? Assistance regarding a project I am working on is required rather urgently, so any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. If anybody can help, please contact me via PM. Do not post any names/details on this thread, thanks.

?

Default Re: Contact at the Berlin Documentation Centre

Anybody...?

The Berlin Document Center is now part of the Bundesarchiv Berlin Lichterfelde. They have a website and the contact material is there. You do need sufficient programmatic purpose for access to said documents, as they are not automatically given. The Berlin Document Center of storied past as part of the U.S. role in West Berlin was rolled up some time ago and documents amalgamated with other files and those NSDAP/SS etc. files found in the hands of the DDR.

See here. Bundesarchiv - Recherche

?

FB, as ever you are both kind and helpful. I was hoping for a connection that may give me a foot in the door so to speak, but I shall certainly try your suggested route. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Best,

Carl

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    FB, as ever you are both kind and helpful. I was hoping for a connection that may give me a foot in the door so to speak, but I shall certainly try your suggested route. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Best,

Carl
    Dear Sir, I am happy to help. In my experience of the Bundesarchiv, which may vary from others, the place has a pretty rigid set of protocols for access to the documents.
    with best wishes, FB