Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Couple questions from begginer. Need veterans advice.

Article about: Since I didnt found any off topic setion, I consider discussion to be the most appropriate. For years I wanted to collect WWII German militaria, but I never made a move to make it happen. Th

Welcome to the Forum. Never try to convince yourself that a piece is genuine. That likely means it is not. The forum is here to help both the beginner and the experienced collector. Welcome to the addiction
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

This forum here is a great help to all. Believe me!

We all started, knowing nothing. As there were not much books in those days.
    For me it all began with an NSDAP party-badge in about 1970 or so. Gathering
    information was my goal. Now I have a rather nice archive with over 400 port-
    folio's and have written twelve books and hundreds of articles. And as Bob says:
    welcome to the addiction.

As show before and maybe it gets boring or even annoying:

S6003116 - kopie.jpg

What I intended to say is: after all those years (45), I have learned I do not know
    much of the Third Reich period. There is still a lot to learn for me. I would need
    another 100 years!!

Ylang you're still young. Make a start and in about 45 years you will advice
    eventually starting collectors! But first you should study.......(correct is: Besitzzeugnis)

?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Are you collecting as an investment or are you collecting for the pleasure and knowledge it brings?
    I have utmost respect for all the items that are out there, regardless of the side they were with, nation, or ideology. Im not a history nerd, but having all these things, brings me closer to the past, I also think, that preserving the history is quite important, in its genuine form, no censorship, no propaganda. Im not a Richie Rich type, just an ordinary guy who has a hobby, and wants to reach a new level. I will stick to easily available, common, cheap items. Maybe one day that will change, hopefully, there is a vast amount of items for me to collect. Im only afraid of the amount of copies, fakes, and other garbage, that is out there.

As a teenager I have been collecting coins, but that was a mistake, then I started collecting Russian medals, but that was a mistake as well. I had no idea what I was doing, and what I want, now I know. For all these years I have been thinking about it, pros, and cons. The time has come, to start doing it.

My main focus:
    Germany during World War 2
    Germany during World War 1

Thank you to everyone who replied, and hello.

PS. Sorry for my English.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Ylang you're still young. Make a start and in about 45 years you will advice
    eventually starting collectors! But first you should study.......(correct is: Besitzzeugnis)
    I like when someone sees my mistakes, and corrects them. Thank you, and I agree, maybe one day I will be giving advices here, for all the newbie Ylangs that come here hungry of knowledge.

Quote by Ylang View Post
    I have utmost respect for all the items that are out there, regardless of the side they were with, nation, or ideology. Im not a history nerd, but having all these things, brings me closer to the past, I also think, that preserving the history is quite important, in its genuine form, no censorship, no propaganda. Im not a Richie Rich type, just an ordinary guy who has a hobby, and wants to reach a new level. I will stick to easily available, common, cheap items. Maybe one day that will change, hopefully, there is a vast amount of items for me to collect. Im only afraid of the amount of copies, fakes, and other garbage, that is out there.

As a teenager I have been collecting coins, but that was a mistake, then I started collecting Russian medals, but that was a mistake as well. I had no idea what I was doing, and what I want, now I know. For all these years I have been thinking about it, pros, and cons. The time has come, to start doing it.

My main focus:
    Germany during World War 2
    Germany during World War 1

Thank you to everyone who replied, and hello.

PS. Sorry for my English.

I like when someone sees my mistakes, and corrects them. Thank you, and I agree, maybe one day I will be giving advices here, for all the newbie Ylangs that come here hungry of knowledge.
    Good answer
    and BTW, you English is just fine.

I am glad to hear that you have that connection to the past. Many of us find it easier
    and more enjoyable helping out others that want to learn and are not here just to take
    advantage of our free help.

Some of us are just born to collect. I had coins, rocks, model cars and other things as a kid.
    When I turned 13, I started collecting a few odd military pieces and it just expanded from
    there. Today I try to just focus on just certain items.

If I can ever be of help, don't hesitate to ask.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Looking at a few of the posts, you will need a glossary of abbreviations first, EK's, ISA's, PAB's etc......

Have fun and enjoy the hobby otherwise do something else.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2