Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Craig Gottlieb dealer website

Article about: Please move it, if it is in the wrong place. I am looking at this website ( craig gottlieb). A forum member just told me to be very careful ,that this dealer sell high quality fakes is this

I have bought a couple of items from him and found both transactions flawless

Maybe I was lucky

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello all,

I purchased the remnants/scraps left over from an Estate he ravaged from the daughter of the collector. Craig left authentic items that were not in the best condition and cherry picked the rest. She stated that he talked her into listing some of her father's extremely unique and high-end swords on his auction site. The items listed did poorly and she got next to nothing for them. Weeks later she checked the site to cross-reference some of the items I was interested in, to see if he had anything similar. While checking for prices she came across several of her father's items listed for sale at over double what she was paid for them (he or his source purchased them only to list on the site)

I have not dealt with the man, nor can I prove the above events actually took place, but I can tell you the woman had a genuine disgust for Craig Gottlieb - at any rate, thought I would post here for reference.

William Kramer

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Many moons ago I bidded on a Luftwaffe sword during one of his online auctions, I couldn't help thinking somebody inside the house was running me up. But that was just a feelin, I cannot prove anything.
    Someone on this very forum managed to screen capture his early T & C's for his auctions which showed that this was indeed the case. After the screenshot was posted here the T & C's were quickly changed to remove the one part that highlighted the practice.

I can only echo from hearsay all the above comments, but it is only what I have heard, as I have never had any dealings with him except on the other forum.

With any dealer, know what you want to buy, check and recheck and then ask for opinions as well, especially on the more expensive items. And then shop around and perhaps wait for someone else to have what your after, as it all (well nearly all) turns up elsewhere sooner or later.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Not sticking up for graig but if the daughter appeared unknowlegeable in the subject, sadly some dealers will take the p8ss.
    Eitherway, graig didn't put a gun to her head, it was in her interest to do her homework to see where she could get the best deal.
    As my father says 'if you act like a fool, people will treat you like a fool' (that's 2 of his phrases ive given away to you war relicer's)

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    Someone on this very forum managed to screen capture his early T & C's for his auctions which showed that this was indeed the case. After the screenshot was posted here the T & C's were quickly changed to remove the one part that highlighted the practice.
    Nooo ur joking.

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Like everything........know what you are buying, stay away from exotic items unless you know for sure, do a search, post on the forum, in other words do your homework first.
    He is well know in the dealer circles, if nothing else, for his flamboyance. Since he started appearing on "Pawn Stars" it has improved his credibility somewhat. All his items seem to be mint or mega mint, that would set alarm bells ringing, however, he has a good photographer, and he does try.
    Not bad for an Ex USMC Captain
    Former Reserve Captain.
    Not a combat marine.

?

Gottlieb is just another Ron Manion. Except uglier and shorter.
    Just because he was in the Marines certainly does NOT make him a good guy either.

I've met him. And that about sums it up.

I have heard he has high quality fakes before ,coming from Germany .
    He does not have a lot of friends in the militaria world ,the feedback always look to be bad.
    He does have some interesting helmets for sale at the moments,but with the reputation of selling high quality fakes I would stay away.
    chris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast