Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Craig Gottlieb dealer website

Article about: Please move it, if it is in the wrong place. I am looking at this website ( craig gottlieb). A forum member just told me to be very careful ,that this dealer sell high quality fakes is this

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Eitherway, graig didn't put a gun to her head, it was in her interest to do her homework to see where she could get the best deal.
    seems like he convinced her to post a no reserve auction so he could purchase it at a low-cost and sell it on his site from what she told me.

William Kramer

Really bad William. I misinterpreted what you meant but now see what you mean.

matty

Gottleib, I will say, never misses a photo op. If he possibly can get his face in front of a camera or on TV, he will do it. He likes posing with known genuines -like diggers and the like. It may be just a very motivated self-publicist at work, but personally, it makes my antennas go up. The more you look into the man on the internet, the higher they go up. Do your homework-as always.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

From what I have seen on his sight and what I have heard from others, he cannot be trusted. His site is full of high quality fakes and "untouched" parts daggers. He has been involved in a number of shady business deals. The only reason he is on the collecting map is because he is a master of self promotion. He has shown up on the new touting around "rare" items to attempt to increase his reputation as a dealer. Of course his recent appearances on the TV show "Pawn Stars" hasn't helped either. I personally would not risk my hard earned cash with him.

I have never even looked at his site and I have no desire to do so now. I have read a lot about him and I have read a lot of threads where he was involved.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have seen him sell some fake helmets and they were discussed on GHW2 , he even joined the discussion but to no avail.
    His militaria auction site where people can sell through him is even worse than his site.
    He will never see a dime of my money.

Oh and then there's the book on SS honor rings , ... a lot of buzz around that one too.

He had, or someone using his name had, an EK2 1914 listed on ebay with a shipping and handling cost of like 13.00 ... Considering their small size and their current prices... this was ridiculous.

That's all I know about him. And he's obnoxious on Pawn Stars

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Not sticking up for graig but if the daughter appeared unknowlegeable in the subject, sadly some dealers will take the p8ss.
    Eitherway, graig didn't put a gun to her head, it was in her interest to do her homework to see where she could get the best deal.
    As my father says 'if you act like a fool, people will treat you like a fool' (that's 2 of his phrases ive given away to you war relicer's)

Yeah, she should have looked into the items and done some of her own homework. But these items weren't of particular interest to her, she may not even have a hobby as "cut throat" as militaria and not be aware of the risks involved. No matter how you look at it, if the story is true, the man took advantage of her and that speaks volumes about his merit as a man. Frankly, if this story is true, I wouldn't buy his items on principle. I don't care how rare your items are or how nice they are, I cannot do business with someone who has no integrity.

Unfortunately, every hobby has a number of type of these sellers.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That's very true. As well as militaria, I also collect comic books and you will see people like this in that hobby as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast