Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

D-DAY Show us your family veterans!!

Article about: Hello all , I thought that it may be nice to start a thread honouring our relatives who took part in the D-DAY landings in NORMANDY(and the defenders too!!). To kick off, here is my grandfat

Default D-DAY Show us your family veterans!!

Hello all , I thought that it may be nice to start a thread honouring our relatives who took part in the D-DAY landings in NORMANDY(and the defenders too!!). To kick off, here is my grandfather Pte V.PORTWAY of the 3rd INFANTRY DIVISION 2nd LINCOLNS who landed with the first wave on SWORD beach near Ouistreham. I look forward to seeing all your family hero's!!! P.S. The first picture is me and my granddad about five years ago!!! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great pics and good to hear of your grandfathers part in D Day. You might though have added this to this other thread which though not as specific seems to cover a similar theme. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...ervice-323160/
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

as Jerry B says. There is a thread for grandfathers and fathers:
    Our grandfathers and fathers in military service!
    Please add your info also there please Fallschirmjager, it is
    greatly appreciated!

Leon this is a great idea like your pictures with your grandfather. If I have any pictures I will post I lost quite a few in kitchen porch fire in 05. Thanks timothy

I have now added my "ol" grandpop's service to that thread my friends. I hope that we can all share some more D-DAY specific related history(BRITISH/CANADIAN/AMERICAN&GERMAN) as well though(not that I am un-interested in other areas!) Leon.

Quote by timothy View Post
    Leon this is a great idea like your pictures with your grandfather. If I have any pictures I will post I lost quite a few in kitchen porch fire in 05. Thanks timothy
    That's very sad Timothy as our family history is so impotant! At least you know your grandpa's service record and have his kit!! Leon.