Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Danish memorial stone Vandalized

Article about: It's just sad.

?

Default Danish memorial stone Vandalized

Some ....... have on the to Wednesday vandalized a memorial stone put up for the Danish KIA's in Afghanistan. They poured red paint out onto the stone that had to be revealed Wednesday at midday. The stone was cleaned up in time for the ceremony. The reason should be that the war is embarrassing and lost. Maybe not too far off. However i don't understand why they take it out on the soldiers killed there They followed their orders and fought for something they thought was right. It's not a soldiers choice going to war or not. The idiots probably think the soldiers should have "rebelled against the system" or something along those lines.

There is no pics in the news media.

Regards, Lars

Default Re: Danish memorial stone Vandalized

It really does defy belief that people think that by defacing a stone honouring the dead, they are making a valid political point. Whether you agree with a particular military action or not, this was a memorial to the young solidiers who gave their lives in service of the country. Their government sent them to Afghanistan and they died doing their duty. Irrespective of whether you agree with the politics, the dead should be treated with respect.

We have a signficant problem in this country with low life scum stealing the brass plaques from war memorials to melt down for a few £'s. If they got caught, I think a one way ticket to Helmand would be a very good idea.....

?

Yes. They should be dumped in the "green zone" all covered in ISAF patches and blank rounds in their rifles.

Regards, Lars

Sad to hear this has been done.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Unfortunatley this type of thing happens everywhere , done by those who haven't the guts to step up onto the wall but think they are real heroes for slinking around in the night and doing this sort of thing !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Evil braindead people can do these things because there are no effective laws who protect military memorial stones, or other memorials.

It makes me so angry to read things like this. I am boiling inside.

Laws can not protect anything. As Paul already said: it happens everywhere. Also here in Estonia. If somebody wants to fight, it is OK. But do not fight with the dead soldiers or graveyards. Actually it is true that the war ends when the last veteran is dead. So WWII ends pretty soon, only 10-15 years to wait...

?

Hopefully this will redress the balance these low life have caused , i'm a supporter of the site , can't understand a word Lars but still respect these Vikings !!

Respect for the Danish Armed Forces | Facebook
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Some of the pics are from the ceremony the morons tried to spoil, with no luck. The stone with the to "carved" Danish flags are the one that was vandalized with paint. No media showed pics of the vandalized stone

Those bloody idiots(for use of better words) no man who gave his life for his country should be degraded! This is one of few things that will make me blow a gasket. You don't deface a soldier or soldier's memorial. I hope they catch who ever did this.
    Last edited by KriegMann; 09-06-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast