Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Das Boot the film!!!!.

Article about: I did think one of the actors had a rather squeeky voice....lol I have arleady bought my copy from Amazon..A directors special edtion so hopefully German & English..But I will be watchin

?

Default Das Boot the film!!!!.

Morning Gents..Nothing too exciting to report!! except I have just finished watching the film Das Boot "during work hours ".. What can I say what a film..amazing...I haven't seen it before..So when I sat there on you tube for 3 hours I was blown away.. I would say it is a classic...Nearly as good as A Bridge Too Far......Anyway have a nice day & cheers Terry.215px-Das_boot_ver1.jpg

?

Default Re: Das Boot the film!!!!.

I think the original series was about six or seven hours long Terry. You need to pull a longer shift.............

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Six or seven hours long?????????, Adrian I can skive but that is taking the p***!!!!!..but what a film!!!!..I was there in the boat....lol....my brew was going everywhere.... Cheers Terry.

?

It is worth having in your collection. Next time you see it, use quality sound, a dark room and turn of your phone.

Das Boot is a great movie, I first saw it when it came out and it is still as exciting to watch today as it was then. It is one of the most atmospheric movies I can ever think of having seen. And I also now have it on DVD.
    Last edited by sandgroper; 11-22-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: To correct spelling error

The subtiltled film is better than the awful dubbed version !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

i never gave it a thought. i would think to myself how could you make a film about a sub crew that would be intresting. but how wrong i was. after watching it i thought it was one of the best films ive ever seen.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    The subtiltled film is better than the awful dubbed version !

Nick
    I completely agree Nick, I think the German language version is far better, my DVD copy of the film allows for either the English language version or the subtitled version but I only ever watch this film in the original German, it is far more atmospheric.

4md
    ?

A classic movie one of my favorites.

?

A classic. An absolute must see for anybody who is still to do so...and please, as suggested above...only watch in German.

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast