Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Das Boot the film!!!!.

Article about: I did think one of the actors had a rather squeeky voice....lol I have arleady bought my copy from Amazon..A directors special edtion so hopefully German & English..But I will be watchin

Default Re: Das Boot the film!!!!.

I am surfing now, is it based on the 1980's version, i am sure i remember a BBC2 series ????

?

Gunny thats the one...I bought mine of Amazon,for £8..but with that you got a few extras...it also came in a film tin which is pretty cool...Cheers Terry.

The German one is the original i believe, the remake in english was not as good imo.
    If you like good movies made by Germans about ww2 try the ''downfall''
    I got my copy about 2 years ago for about 5 pounds, i think its the best movie made for ww2.

?

Love Das Boot. I have umpteen different versions its been released so many times. The original German TV miniseries is great but to be honest the directors cut is just as good, especially the latest version in Blu-Ray. Best watched on as big an HD Plasma screen as possible in a darkened room , with surround sound ( the Movie won awards for sound) and you'll be unable to prevent yourself ducking to avoid the rivets when they start popping and the sub sinks to the sea bed.

Must have watched it 50 times now and it never gets boring. Best war film ever.

Might have to dig out the film again, had it for years, and still have the Superbit DVD version which was only just surpassed by the BD version.

Wolfgang Peterson did a fantastic job for pretty much his first major movie release long before The Perfect Storm.

One of my top five.
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

?

Good gents I will keep repeating myself as long as anybody listens to me lol..WHAT a film...excellent .. I just suggested to Missus about buying a bigger TV & surround sound!!!! But it looks like it isn't happening lol,Dan Downfall is another excellent film I have that already, Well worth watching a dozen times..Just to look at the badges & awards..But the actor who plays Hitler is pretty damn good too.Cheers Terry.

When it was first shown on British TV as the mini series i recorded it on to VHS, i really can't remember how many times i watched and rewatched it but in the end a tape snapped!..

Once I have seen a film; "i have seen it"!
    But "Das Boot"is different, I haven't got a video collection, but when ever I get the chance to see it (again!); I will!
    ps my cell-phone ringtone is the"das boot Emergency dive alarm ringtone"!
    ;-)
    Cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I like that ringtone I need to get for my phone..I have it on my I-tunes a free download.. makes me chuckle some what...Cheers Terry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast