Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dealing with fakes

Article about: i do not personally have many fakes if any but i constantly see fakes posted on the forum !! so my question is what should be done about these fakes what should people be told to do with the

Default Re: Dealing with fakes

everybody is focusing on the dealer thing but the simple fact is a lot of fakes dont come from dealers they come from antique stores, flea markets, ebay and internet sites where the person you bought it from will not give you a refund !! i just think the worst part is that many of them circulate around thier are fakes made 20 years ago that have passed through 5 six people hands draining 100s of dollars each time !! i think at the least they should be marked and put away and if you want to destroy it thats a personal choice i noticed on Eric's thread many people suggested giving kids the fakes so they learn that imo is a horrible idea you dont want kids to start out looking at fakes and that medal in his thread would sell for 15- 20 bucks in original condition !! i would say teach kids with originals not fakes !!

?

A dealer could be a broad heading for anyone selling.

Self education and common sense should play a part here. It might not always be the fault of the seller, the buyer needs to take some responsibility too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

This thread could go around and around this subject forever, and you still ain't gonna get a consensus or satisfactory answer to the original question. Perhaps it has run it's course?

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

You're dead right Ned.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

What Ned means is this .......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    What Ned means is this .......
    Mr.Jingles has eventually died....??!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Mr.Jingles has eventually died....??!!
    Poor bugger RIP!...

hhaahahaha final consensus is it is up to the person and their is no official answer thanks for all who added impute !!

Quote by ww2relichunter View Post
    hhaahahaha final consensus is it is up to the person and their is no official answer thanks for all who added impute !!
    That is the question.The buyer should know what the heck he is buying,period!!If you are a newbie check with a knowledgable collector friend or if possible on this forum before you buy the piece!Don't buy any piece without a return period and if the seller refuses tell him to keep it!Please I went through this hobby in 1969 when I started and I used common sense and just don't buy the B.S. story,buy the piece!The stories are from Grimm's fairy tales.Everyone would like to put this to sleep so when spending your hard earned cash think,check your friends and refrences and the forum!

Well, Gentlemen! There are so many fakes that there is no point when You will destroy one of them:-). Of course - if You can get a refund, ask for it! Faking III Reich items actually begun in 1945 in West Germany. At first it was not so bad at all - every US or Brittish soldier wanted to have a souvenir - for example a EKII or EKI. Actually - does not matter at all. Or a "nazi" ring. The most important was that it had some III Reich symbols... So some factories still produced such stuff - with original machinery etc. So it is not possible to say in many cases is it a fake or not.

I personally keep most of the fakes. There is still something to learn. For example about the human nature - maybe it is my mistake that I belived I can but a $10 000 item for a $100.... Just think twice before You will buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2