MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

December 7, 2011 marks the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack

Article about: December 7, 2011 marks the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack. The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 -- "a date which will live in infamy," as FDR famous

Default Re: December 7, 2011 marks the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack

I got this some time back not worth much to most but it did me.
    ...http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...36rpu58sB1EcEw.

Eric
    011.jpg009.jpg
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: December 7, 2011 marks the 70th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack

Terrible images of the devastation. Such a cataclysmic event that will never be forgotten!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I would hope that all of us who are free and living life remember those fine men and woman who died on that day of infamy.I was a little guy on that day and i do remember the days of scrap drives, ration coupons,doing without to aid our service men in the field of war.Now we have scum who hate our service men and woman and to them i say ' TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIER or words to that effect!!God Bless our loyal men and woman and our allies who are facing these fanatic cretins.CARL

4md
    ?

I went on a trip to the U.S. and hawaii in 1999 with four mates, back then we were more interested in partying and picking up. i managed to talk one of them into going with me to Pearl harbor and the Arizona memorial, the others showed no interest and paid us out for going.
    I Recommend everyone who visits Hawaii take some time out from surfing an sunning them self on the beach to go to the memorial, it is a humbling experience standing on that memorial over the Arizona knowing all those poor servicemen are still inside. Its amazing how close to the surface the Arizona is and to see the oil still seeping out.
    The most memorable moment for me is going into the cinema and watching the original footage of the attack and then getting on a boat to go to the Arizona. Travelling across that stretch of water gave me goosebumps and you find yourself looking to the sky for aircraft.

Pearl Harbour was a highlight of my U.S trip and the only battlefield i have visited. Its a brutal reminder of the sacrafice the United States made in the Pacific and part of our history as well, for only a few months later the Japanese were marching across our territory and bombing our cities

regards Paul

Thanks for starting this thread and thanks to everyone for the additions on this historic anniversary.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A day that will live in infamy and it should be remembered for those who lost their lives and also as a pivotal point in WWII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2