Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Democracy Freedom of speech good bad or ugly!

Article about: Guys, I was following a thread that just disappeared because I believe it was deemed not tasteful? I am a bit concerned that the link could not just have been provided without further discou

Default Re: Democracy Freedom of speech good bad or ugly!

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Jock we certainly don't want to loose a valued member such as you especially over an issue like this and we are not in any way saying that your point is not valid.

No one is trying to censor anything to do with the history of WW2 either the good or the bad of which most people have a certain amount of knowledge or prevent freedom of thought , all we are trying to do is stop the threads that lead into name calling, mud slinging and worse. Many other forums are blighted by such discussions as tempers and opinions can run very high very quickly as the membership comes from all creeds and backgrounds. These threads are invariably closed and or deleted as a sensible informed socialable discussion just cannot take place.

As this forum is primarily is about the collecting of Militaria without ignoring the period of history that spawned our collecting interest we try to avoid the sort of unpleasantness that these discussions lead too.

We would all be very disappointed if you left but the decision is your,

regards

Paul
    Paul,

Please delete me now. You have my email, I will forward as promised the mapping when and if it gets done, unfortunately and rightly my request to Goe comes below the main effort of war fighting.

Regards

jock

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Take care Jock, i see where your coming from on this and admire your opinion and stance on the arbitrary and selective censorship that has been applied here on many other less potentially inflammatory subjects. There is little consistency in this, and as members here we are all equal...Only some are more equal than others sometimes. I reiterate, this is not just about the deleted thread, but also p.m's from mod's which have crossed barriers of a persons right to conduct their day to day personal affairs, and that is wrong.

I'll see you round Jock, gonna miss your posts of weekend finds, i really looked forward to them. I salute you mate with the old Scottish battle cry. 'Fochinell!!'

Kindest regards, Ned.
    Ned thanks for that , never a man to miss an opportunity to give the Mods a bashing in the public domain.

Many things are sorted out by the Mods on a forum to try and keep things running smooothly that are unknown to the membership , all in our on time just like everyone else who is a member.

If you have any problems or complaints please contact me via pm,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Ned thanks for that , never a man to miss an opportunity to give the Mods a bashing in the public domain.

Many things are sorted out by the Mods on a forum to try and keep things running smooothly that are unknown to the membership , all in our on time just like everyone else who is a member.

If you have any problems or complaints please contact me via pm,

regards

Paul
    P.M'd
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I gave a moderator a bashing in the public domain, and it got deleted. So who polices the moderators?

?

well if there's in issue with a mod that cant be resolved via the PM system then the next level up is Admin.

?

Jock,
    There is a rational for setting rules on a site such as this.
    The main idea/core is to promote interaction purely on a collecting/research basis.
    There are thousands of people now using this site, and thankfully in ratio very few incidents that need to be moderated.

The rules have been set, and all who sign up to the site are obliged to abide by them. It's as simple as that.

Of course there are many areas that could be discussed here, but this site is not here for that reason.

The internet is vast ..... and there is plenty of room for others to set up sites around their own beliefs and points of view.
    This site however, has never been a "points of view" site and hopefully will remain so.

With Regards

Gary J.

Hi Harry, Nick is correct.

And the thread you commented in was not removed because of your comments.

If anyone has any problems, please PM me.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2