Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Detlev Niemann !!

Article about: It would appear that Detlev who is well known as one of the major Miltaria dealers in Germany over the last 25 years , famous for his Friday internet updates and price guides has ceased trad

?

Default Detlev Niemann !!

It would appear that Detlev who is well known as one of the major Miltaria dealers in Germany over the last 25 years , famous for his Friday internet updates and price guides has ceased trading !!!

As far as i know there was no warning of this , he is intending to pursue his other hobbies.

I have over the years bought a number of excellent pieces from Detlev and he was one of my favourite dealers,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Default Re: Detlev Niemann !!

I got the email about him quitting. Actually I had known of this for some time now, but I was sworn to keep this private.

I have had some nice items from him in the past and wish him well for the future.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Paul, that is as allways, prices are growing. In my last trip to the Reichertshoffen messe was also not a friendly prices. The stripped tunic with some moth holes is ca 800-1000 eur.
    I remember the time of the economical crisis in the post USSR countries- all the prices was highly grow, but newer got back
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Definitely bad news for all. The market is forcing this "hobby" of collecting to evolve into a "business" of investing. Best wishes to Mr. Niemann also.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Definitely bad news for all. The market is forcing this "hobby" of collecting to evolve into a "business" of investing. Best wishes to Mr. Niemann also.

Jay
    Hi Jay,

This fact that you stated in part is why I got out years ago...I saw the handwriting on the wall years ago. What a shame that a hobby can turn into such a financial nightmare for collectors.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I got the email about him quitting. Actually I had known of this for some time now, but I was sworn to keep this private.

I have had some nice items from him in the past and wish him well for the future.

Cheers, Ade.
    We must have had the same source Ade

I think we may find that it's not long before something happens that will surprise a lot of people

another off top from me AND THIS IS NOT MY OPINION,BUT JUST FACT- some colectors in Latvia has Niemans certificates for fake badges.also Russia is flooded with Niemans certifikates wich say,s that badge is REAL,but actualy they are high level fakes.AND ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT MY OPINION-all you guy,s who are interesting for such facts please welcome to very respectable Russian colectors forums as: Sammler.ru or WW2.ru and ask about that.there you will get all the answers and proofs.WITH ALL MY RESPECT TO YOU GUY,S-ostlanddigger

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    another off top from me AND THIS IS NOT MY OPINION,BUT JUST FACT- some colectors in Latvia has Niemans certificates for fake badges.also Russia is flooded with Niemans certifikates wich say,s that badge is REAL,but actualy they are high level fakes.AND ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT MY OPINION-all you guy,s who are interesting for such facts please welcome to very respectable Russian colectors forums as: Sammler.ru or WW2.ru and ask about that.there you will get all the answers and proofs.WITH ALL MY RESPECT TO YOU GUY,S-ostlanddigger
    Absolutely. I even recall someone selling these certs as collectibles themselves with no item...how insanely ridiculous.

This is why when I purchased a few items in the past from him, I said don't even bother with the certificate. If the items doesn't stand on its own merits, then it isn't worth having...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    If the items doesn't stand on its own merits, then it isn't worth having...
    My sentiments too. I could not even tell you where the ones I got are....

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Absolutely. I even recall someone selling these certs as collectibles themselves with no item...how insanely ridiculous.

This is why when I purchased a few items in the past from him, I said don't even bother with the certificate. If the items doesn't stand on its own merits, then it isn't worth having...
    Interesting you should say that Steven. I bought a doc group from him & never received the COA i should of & was entitled to as the item(s) featured on/in his files after i bought them. But as you say,they're good even without a COA. Stewy S

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast