Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Discussion on the BBC about collecting 3rd Reich militaria

Article about: Good morning Folks, Just started on BBC1 10am "Sunday morning Live" one of the discussions will be the emotive issue of collecting Nazi items ,should make interesting viewing. Chee

Default Discussion on the BBC about collecting 3rd Reich militaria

Good morning Folks, Just started on BBC1 10am "Sunday morning Live" one of the discussions will be the emotive issue of collecting Nazi items ,should make interesting viewing. Cheers Paul

I have it on, it will be interesting what the public think! Mostly negative I would think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

mmmm not to bad ,Quite level headed really.Nice bit of filming inside regimentals,Cheers Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    mmmm not to bad ,Quite level headed really.Nice bit of filming inside regimentals,Cheers Paul
    Not as against as I would expect though thankfully it was not a studio full of members of the public debating it.
    Regards,

Jerry

I missed it. i'll see if it's on catch up later!....

I have just watched it now.
    To me it’s a clear message from the BBC that they believe the sale of Nazi memorabilia should be banned in this country, its as simple as that.

I am not a fan of the BBC, remember in the second world war, Winston Churchill referred to them as " The enemy within the gates "
    I have commented on another thread about this so will leave it at that

Don't get me started on the BBC.

Perhaps of interest are these two news items, one from the US after recent events

Wallingford police called after Nazi, Confederate merchandise found at flea market

and one from Europe from last year.

Nazi Christmas baubles for sale on Czech online auction site Aukro spark outrage
    Regards,

Jerry

Yes Jerry, I don't think it would be a good idea writing my opinions of the BBC on here

Looked at the 2 links, yes its quite laughable really.

I see that a protest group are trying to get the statue of Cecil Rhodes removed from Oxford because of his links to apartheid. In recent years we have apologised for the potato famine in Ireland, apologised for slavery, given all those shot at dawn in the Great War a free pardon, apologised for bombing Dresden, the list seems to be growing by the day. So the logical progression of this was always going to be the banning of things which others find offensive - something which may even happen on this forum in the not too distant future! People only seem to want to hang on to the 'nice' bits of history these days. Those nasty horrible bits which offend very few, were always going to be in the firing line eventually. And yet when IS (Islamic State) go around blowing up ancient sites, there is world-wide condemnation. its a funny old world we live in.