MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Discussions

Article about: by Scout Affirmative. Thanks And yes, as you mention, there have been a bit of ire in the past. I still thought 'Discussions' in its previous (relatively) relaxed incarnation a nice place wi

Default Discussions

Glad to see the Discussions forum up and running again
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Agreed, just wish some of the threads were still there, "I hate when that happens" " "Ashes slouch hat" thread etc...

Ditto......Look who's talking thread....

[Edit - had a man's look - found it!]

?

Without going to details, could someone tell me which thread caused the 'belly up?'
    Im not asking for names of forum member, but for the thread.
    I ask because I posted in the Deer Season thread, noticed that it got deleted and hope that wasnt the 'bone of contrition.....'

It wasn't, scout!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Agreed, just wish some of the threads were still there, "I hate when that happens" " "Ashes slouch hat" thread etc...
    The Discussions area is intended for "millitaria collecting" related subjects rather than for threads that are more "social" in nature so some of the more obvious non-militaria discussions are in the process of being weeded-out as you have noticed. Hopefully this will not spoil everyones overall enjoyment of forum.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Thanks, Stuka.
    I had my doubts about whether or not my contribution there was okay - as it wasnt the usual forum fare.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    The Discussions area is intended for "millitaria collecting" related subjects rather than for threads that are more "social" in nature so some of the more obvious non-militaria discussions are in the process of being weeded-out as you have noticed. Hopefully this will not spoil everyones overall enjoyment of forum.
    Still one of my favourite forums.
    No matter what happened.
    Im of course 'handicapped' by not knowing what transpired, so please take that into consideration when reading the following.
    A polite inquiry; you state that 'Discussions' is intended for 'militaria collecting' related subjects.
    How about a forum, where you can kick back and discuss what ever (apart from politics)?
    Again, please bear in mind, that I dont know what happened over the weekend or if it indeed did blow up because of a subject of 'social' nature rather than militaria/collecting.

Quote by Scout View Post
    How about a forum, where you can kick back and discuss what ever (apart from politics)?
    Again, please bear in mind, that I dont know what happened over the weekend or if it indeed did blow up because of a subject of 'social' nature rather than militaria/collecting.
    This has been mooted in the past but is considered too problematical to administer these open discussion threads without one party or another taking umbrage for any number of reasons. As a regular contributor you will know that I have been both an instigator and victim of such ire in some threads that were directly related to millitaria & collecting...so it is a tough call either way.

At the end of the day WRF is a forum to discuss militaria collecting so the administrative consensus is that we stick to what it says on the label on the tin — which is what we all signed up to when joining WRF.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    This has been mooted in the past but is considered too problematical to administer these open discussion threads without one party or another taking umbrage for any number of reasons. As a regular contributor you will know that I have been both an instigator and victim of such ire in some threads that were directly related to millitaria & collecting...so it is a tough call either way.

At the end of the day WRF is a forum to discuss militaria collecting so the administrative consensus is that we stick to what it says on the label on the tin — which is what we all signed up to when joining WRF.
    Affirmative. Thanks

And yes, as you mention, there have been a bit of ire in the past.

I still thought 'Discussions' in its previous (relatively) relaxed incarnation a nice place with its not too stringent spirit.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast