Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Discussions

Article about: by Scout Affirmative. Thanks And yes, as you mention, there have been a bit of ire in the past. I still thought 'Discussions' in its previous (relatively) relaxed incarnation a nice place wi

Quote by Scout View Post
    Affirmative. Thanks

And yes, as you mention, there have been a bit of ire in the past.

I still thought 'Discussions' in its previous (relatively) relaxed incarnation a nice place with its not too stringent spirit.
    The relaxed spirit you mention is something I personally would also hate to lose
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

+1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (5.6 KB, 107 views)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    The relaxed spirit you mention is something I personally would also hate to lose
    Yep - I rather like the relaxed atmosphere - I'd hate to lose it.

Cheers

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    The Discussions area is intended for "millitaria collecting" related subjects rather than for threads that are more "social" in nature so some of the more obvious non-militaria discussions are in the process of being weeded-out as you have noticed. Hopefully this will not spoil everyones overall enjoyment of forum.
    I personally think this is disappointing. The forum, of course, is primarily based on our collective interest in militaria and military history but surely we are mature enough to be able to have some sort of social aspect aside from militaria. I can't for the life of me understand why I can't have a discussion on the current ashes series with our English forum members or talk about fishing with like minded forum members or have a laugh with anyone here. A bit sad really, just my opinion, that's all.

I can see both sides - no-one wants it to become another "in-yer-face-book" yet if we were all together at a convention for example, the talk would not ALWAYS be military related - we would just have a good old yarn or two and see who can tell the biggest lies - what mates do I would have thought???

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I can .......
    ...... if we were all together at a convention for example, the talk would not ALWAYS be military related - we would .........
    .........thought???

Dan
    ....depending on the convention next door!!
    ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

cheers
    |<ris

?

One of the problems has been that for whatever reason in the past members have thrown into the discussions section controversial topics that were clearly going to go bad , that may have been the intention of the OP unfortunately and the moderating of such threads is proving arduous to the Mod team on top of everything else that goes on , so it is felt that at this time we should return to the basic principals under which the forum discussion page was set up !!

Plus we have no need at the moment to discuss cricket !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    One of the problems has been that for whatever reason in the past members have thrown into the discussions section controversial topics that were clearly going to go bad , that may have been the intention of the OP unfortunately and the moderating of such threads is proving arduous to the Mod team on top of everything else that goes on , so it is felt that at this time we should return to the basic principals under which the forum discussion page was set up !!
    Can't agree more!
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I personally think this is disappointing. The forum, of course, is primarily based on our collective interest in militaria and military history but surely we are mature enough to be able to have some sort of social aspect aside from militaria. I can't for the life of me understand why I can't have a discussion on the current ashes series with our English forum members or talk about fishing with like minded forum members or have a laugh with anyone here. A bit sad really, just my opinion, that's all.
    Quote by Danmark View Post
    I can see both sides - no-one wants it to become another "in-yer-face-book" yet if we were all together at a convention for example, the talk would not ALWAYS be military related - we would just have a good old yarn or two and see who can tell the biggest lies - what mates do I would have thought???

Dan

Guys, the forum's current administrative consensus is that War Relics Forum is just that first and foremost, therefore I don't think much more can be added to what has already been said. I guess it's a case of "You can't please all of the people all of the time".
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    ....depending on the convention next door!!
    ;-)
    Look at the hands on the one with red hair! I reckon you'd get a nasty shock if you saw the size of the XXX on that....
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-10-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast