MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Displaying Third Reich Items

Article about: I feel sorry for the guys who cant display their german items for being called a nazi.i believe though they should be exsplained with sensitivity as the nazis done awful things,but the botto

Default Displaying Third Reich Items

This has been bothering me for awhile and I finally decided to ask. How do members here display their Third Reich items? I have a few photos and a flag but I'm debating just storing the flag because whenever I show someone my complete militaria collection I 9 times out of 10 get called a Nazi or skin head because of the flag. The flag isn't hanging on my wall or anything and is just leaning against my wall under the German photos. So back to my question, how do the members around here display their Third Reich items?

Default Re: Displaying Third Reich Items

Hi Justin, this question has come up many times over the years on forums.

My advice is to only display your Third Reich collection in a separate closed locked room to which only specially invited guests can have access to.

Cheers, Ade.

My collection is among antiques of all sorts and i go on the asumption that the people that see the german stuff ,see it i am into history in general,lv

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    My collection is among antiques of all sorts and i go on the asumption that the people that see the german stuff ,see it i am into history in general,lv
    So is mine, but never the less I clear out everything when I get jewish friends at home.
    That is one or twice a year!
    Frames are switch and so on....the display cabinet is changed into what ever it takes .
    It is quiet a happening, but still it get me to make new displays evry time again.
    And it makes the wife getting more and more the idea that I indeed need a "War Room".
    It is fun in a way,some times I do find things I forgot about.
    For all others I don't care , they just have to take it as it is, it might even be that the people who I am hidding everything for wouldn't mine, but I never asked and don't plan to do so.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Stuka f, i applaud your sensitivity to your jewish friends seeing the nazi stuff,with you putting it out of their view,lv

I cant display mine because my wife wont let me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by RedArmyCollector View Post
    9 times out of 10 get called a Nazi or skin head because of the flag
    this is in a small part why i decided to sell all my german stuff & just collect US gear i still get called a traitor though for not having any british items but that i can deal with

All my TR stuff is on the nightstand, It gets covered with a towel when people are over to prevent the thought of me being Nazi

If they are going to accuse of you of being a Nazi or a Skinhead, sorry but what kind of people are you showing your collection to? Personally with my collection only a few friends and my family know about it before I'm labeled as some sort of supper weirdo

Thanks

Danny

?

I guess this is where I am lucky then, because the majority of my friends and family know that I am into militaria and military history in general.
    I donot specifically collect 3rd Reich items, but I do have a large collection of books on the subject, including a fair few on the SS, all on open view.
    I donot move/cover them etc when people are around and I have a lot of JEWISH relations and friends, including ones who went through the camps.
    Right or wrong, my attitude is, "its my house and my hobby, if you dont like it, you know where the door is!
    So far, I have not been accused of being a Nazi, (although I have been accused of being a skinhead, but that is because of my haircut, those of you that know me, know that I do have a crewcut!)
    As far as I am concerned, if "you" want to call me a Nazi, rascist etc because of what "you" see as being politically incorrect, then "you" are the one with the problem, not me!
    Rant and ramblings over for now.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast