MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Displaying your medals...

Article about: How do you attach the medals? Pins, thread? I want to start designing a display for my medals and I'm wondering how you attach them to the board or foam you display them on. Thanks, Tzipi

Default Re: Displaying your medals...

I simply use the Riker display cases for now, they're cheap and don't look that bad.

I put a layer of bubble wrap under the foam in my display frames which provides gentle pressure against the glass to hold the awards in place.

If the award has a pin I try to pierce the foam backing to provide extra security.

If the award has a ribbon then a small cut in the backing foam allows the ribbon to be inserted and folded to the rear of the foam backing.

KVK set.jpg

IMG_7845.jpg

IMG_4693.jpg

I would never have thought about the bubble wrap. And I'll check out the Riker cases.
    Glenn lovely displays

How do you protect your stuff from the acids in the framing materials? r/ Tom

?

I have a very small collection of relic medals and badges but wanted to display them in a nice way. Since Im on a strict budget I bought some Riker cases which I think does the job.

DSCN1521.JPG

DSCN1506.JPG

DSCN1505.JPG

DSCN1504.JPG
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Nicely done
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by inka View Post
    I have a very small collection of relic medals and badges but wanted to display them in a nice way. Since Im on a strict budget I bought some Riker cases which I think does the job.
    I like Riker mounts myself!
    I only make my own when the Rikers are not large enough.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2