Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Do any of you like to wear parts of your collection?

Article about: im with dean on this one ,i wear my bw jacket when the weather dictates ,and i always try on new headgear when it arrives before i put them on the shelf apart from the rusting relics though0

Default Do any of you like to wear parts of your collection?

Ever since i got into military history, the uniforms of soldiers has always fascinated me, which explains how i started collecting mostly jackets.

Now, as a starting collector, i have a question: Do any of you wear any of your collection?

Generally, i buy cheaper surplus, in my size if i can. My rule of thumb is that any clothing item under 30ish dollars should be acceptable to wear/repair, since they are common enough not to be wasteful. Anything I find uncommon or expensive, however, is usually kept for display.

Is this a wrong mindset? Should everything be left as it is found, or is it acceptable to mend/wash uniform items for personal use?

?

Default Re: Do any of you like to wear parts of your collection?

I often wear my 1990 Bundeswehr battle shirt in flecktarn or my BW parka when it's cold or rainy. I see no problem with this. Also, welcome to this fine forum!

Sometimes in the evenings when the house is quite I slip into a pair of Eva Brauns undies (courtesy of a certain Mr synder).

Oh by the way, welcome to the forum.

?

You got a pair of Eva's undies from Snyder too?! He said the ones I got were the only known pair to exist!! I need to have a word with Charlie..

Both of you blokes have a pair too? Well this is awkward......

Arrow Re: Do any of you like to wear parts of your collection?

Hate to break it to you three, but Mr. Snyder sold me the only known original pair of Eva's underwear. I know this because he promised me and gave me a cretificate of authenticity as well. And No, I don't wear them, but I do, however, like to smell them sometimes. :/

I don't wear any of the uniforms I own for one simple reason, they don't belong to me.

?

You guys are cracking me up!
    Y-C, we are only custodians of these items. I don't feel bad about wearing BW items from the 1990's because they aren't rare or old. Plus they look stunning on me!

It has long been common for people to wear old uniforms, army surplus stores sell them all the time and I have a range of ex military jackets and trousers etc that I wear for work, including British dpm and German flecktarn and it is cheap hardwearing clothing, especially good for Gortex coats and trousers which can be bought very cheap for work compared to buying it from a hiking shop. Obviously all this stuff is already becoming collectable or will be at some stage, so when it becomes uncool to wear it is a matter of opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I do not wear items from my collection, but i of course always put on a cap or helmet when it have arrived in the mail. On battlefield excavations i always wear my first dug up Luftwaffe relic buckle as a good luck charm. It still works after some 70 yrs in the ground!

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast