Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Do you display your Nazi flags?

Article about: I openly display my Nsdap in my war room along with banners , pennants and armbands. However, they are displayed alongside my Japanese flag, American flag and russian flag. My friends, famil

?

Default Re: Do you display your Nazi flags?

Quote by danno81 View Post
    This has been a great thread to read... most enjoyable. Like many here, I have a series of flags, but display them all together as a group so there is a mix. Some of my friends are Jewish, to include having lost relatives in Auschwitz. They have seen my collection, and understand my historical aspect/interest versus any other approach to it. My friends and family likewise appreciate seeing items I find at times, and there has never been an issue about displaying any of them. I posted a few shots of the flags below...

Attachment 506128Attachment 506129Attachment 506130
    Excellent display! Wish I had room for a similar display.

Quote by danno81 View Post
    This has been a great thread to read... most enjoyable. Like many here, I have a series of flags, but display them all together as a group so there is a mix. Some of my friends are Jewish, to include having lost relatives in Auschwitz. They have seen my collection, and understand my historical aspect/interest versus any other approach to it. My friends and family likewise appreciate seeing items I find at times, and there has never been an issue about displaying any of them. I posted a few shots of the flags below...

Attachment 506128Attachment 506129
    Attachment 506130
    Great looking display Dan, it looks very effective with so many different flags!

Used a Nazi flag as a bedspread once....when I was 14, it lost my parents the sale of our house, and got me a sore bottom !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Not really a laughing matter, sorry. But I have vivid imagination and could just see the prospective buyers opening the door to your room and seeing a TR bedspread.

To quote a comedian:
    "All done in the BEST possible taste...!"

On a related note, my late father would have been far more disgusted with me if I displayed a Japanese flag than he would a German flag, because like many British WWII Veterans he could not abide the Japanese for what they did to the POW's in the far east. They are just artifacts from an important period of world history and no one would complain if you had items from the Roman Empire or from Napoleon, both of whom committed mass atrocities during their time and never forget what the Soviets did.

The only TR period German flag I have these days does not have a Swastika on it, so no problem with displaying it and it hangs in my study with most of my collection. The soviet flag I have hangs in the upstairs hallway along with some other flags, Jeez, I even have an apartheid period S. African flag which some might find a bit "odd". Going back to the Germans, lets not forget that during the first world war they were vilified and hated by many in Britain (and elsewhere I assume) but no one goes on about that these days and with the passing of time I assume that even the Nazi's will find some acceptance as being merely part of our history, though I expect it will take some time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I dont have a NSDAP flag and I dont really plan on getting one. They are not really interesting enough for the hassle they cause. I would prefer a nice american war bonds poster or an Imperial Prussian state flag.

Cheers, Pat

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    On a related note, my late father would have been far more disgusted with me if I displayed a Japanese flag than he would a German flag, because like many British WWII Veterans he could not abide the Japanese for what they did to the POW's in the far east. They are just artifacts from an important period of world history and no one would complain if you had items from the Roman Empire or from Napoleon, both of whom committed mass atrocities during their time and never forget what the Soviets did.

The only TR period German flag I have these days does not have a Swastika on it, so no problem with displaying it and it hangs in my study with most of my collection. The soviet flag I have hangs in the upstairs hallway along with some other flags, Jeez, I even have an apartheid period S. African flag which some might find a bit "odd". Going back to the Germans, lets not forget that during the first world war they were vilified and hated by many in Britain (and elsewhere I assume) but no one goes on about that these days and with the passing of time I assume that even the Nazi's will find some acceptance as being merely part of our history, though I expect it will take some time.
    People can be incredible hypocrites or ignorant....or both; I asked a work mate, who showed up in a 'fashionable' USSR hammer & sickle adorned T-shirt, if it was okay, for someone to wear a swastika T-shirt. With the aforementioned bovine look of consternation, he said "No of course not, the symbol represents a criminal mass murdering regime, responsible for the death and suffering of millions of people!"

Quote by Scout View Post
    People can be incredible hypocrites or ignorant....or both; I asked a work mate, who showed up in a 'fashionable' USSR hammer & sickle adorned T-shirt, if it was okay, for someone to wear a swastika T-shirt. With the aforementioned bovine look of consternation, he said "No of course not, the symbol represents a criminal mass murdering regime, responsible for the death and suffering of millions of people!"
    Yup! Jerry's dad was like my grandparents. My dad had long since forgiven the Japanese, but my grandmother had not. Any mention of "Japanese" anything was liable to get my grandmother riled up.

Later in life, I met some Filipino vets who told me of witnessing attrocities. The old story of soldiers spearing babies on bayonets is apparently not an urban legend.

SS100423.jpg

I have my flags on show in my den but the wife still goes mad when she walks past , as you can see i really dont listen to her
    cheers Ronnie

Atta boy Ronnie....you tell her.......but softly
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast