Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Does a Forum need young blood?

Article about: At least once a year a post comes up, on all Forums, about why “kids” aren’t collecting…or, in reality, why they’re not telling everyone else they’re collecting by joining a Forum……. “It’s a

Dav
    ?

I'm 17 Myself, got into things when I was 16. Always had an interest in Aircraft, which lead to interest in WW2 aircraft, which lead to an interest in WW2 history. My Dad took me to a re-enactment event and I began looking round, few months later went to the Victory show and saw the sellers selling the stuff and immediately loved it. That's where I purchased my canteen, and from then on I got involved with the forums, and my interest has just carried on from there. Seeing the guys on the forum and the wealth of knowledge they have makes me want to learn more to eventually become like them. If I mention it to friends I do get the odd comment about me being a Nazi and the like but at the same time they do find it cool. With my interest in Militaria, Airfix kits, and old planes, I do get called an old man a lot. But I don't care, it's true.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Dav View Post
    If I mention it to friends I do get the odd comment about me being a Nazi and the like but at the same time they do find it cool. With my interest in Militaria, Airfix kits, and old planes, I do get called an old man a lot. But I don't care, it's true.
    Through collecting and participating in forums, we learn history, from learning this history we become a more well rounded and educated citizen capable of using the past to chart our future. And to better understand why the world today is the way it is.

Ask any of your friends why WW1 started? Ask them what the Treaty of Versailles was? Why was it was so important and what were the global consequences of it? How many people died because of it ( a Treaty to end the war no less)??? The list of other examples are endless. I can gty you they can't answer. Who's the fool now?

Then tell them....

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. ..."

And then for more fun...asked them who first said it (not Churchill btw )
    Last edited by MAP; 01-16-2019 at 03:41 AM. Reason: typo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3