Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Does she understand?

Article about: by IMPERIAL QUEST Raymond, You are a lucky man...thank God for her and give her a big hug for being such a swell gal. You took the words right out of my mouth Ty

Default Does she understand?

Hey all,

I'm just wondering how your wife's or partners react to your collecting?

My missus just can't understand why I spend so much money on WW2 Relics, or as she calls it ............. CRAP!!

I've had countless cross words and arguements over my collecting! Despite my insistence that my collection is my boys inheritence, and will only continue to grow in value, she still thinks I'm wasting my time and money!! Haha!!

I'm curious to see if anyone else has this 'problem', or have I really settled down with Adolf Hitlers grand-daughter!! Lol

Default Re: Does she understand?

Well, my trying to show her my items and my continuous requests for her to play "dress up" in one of my aviation tunics both always result in the same rolling of the eyes, head-shaking, and then the inevitable about face, followed by a quick exit. I don't think she cares for my stuff too much...

I will add, that as long as the funds don't come out of our living expenses. I recently told her that I was expecting delivery of a WWI German airacraft section...her reply was not of interest, amazement or even disgust...no, all she wanted to know was if money was going to be coming out of the bank. I truly do wish she would at least act like she is interested sometimes...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    Well, my trying to show her my items and my continuous requests for her to play "dress up" in one of my aviation tunics both always result in the same rolling of the eyes, head-shaking, and then the inevitable about face, followed by a quick exit!
    Haha!! Brilliant!!

?

My is hate my overloaded work with forum
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

My bride is so understanding of my collecting that it's almost embarrassing! She will follow me around shows and look like she's interested even if she really doesn't get it. I realize that I'm truly blessed... She's a good woman! However, she doesn't always understand the forum things nor the research time I spend but, she shrugs her shoulders and calls it a "man thing". She even shows people my "man cave" when they visit! What more can a guy ask for?

My wife tolerates but does not really understand it. She does appreciate that I get a lot of satisfaction in collecting ww2 items....but when a new item comes in - she'll check it out....but won't raise any eyebrows or anything.
    She wouldn't care if I showed her what came in. At least tolerates what I do.

Cheers!

Rob

Thankfully i have a tolerating wife. I've started collecting before our marriage 20 years ago so at least she knew what she was getting. My wife is kind of understand of what and why i collect. She has seen my collection grow and now understands the value of some of my pieces. Still i hide most of the pieces till i sneak them in. I know she notices the growth but never says anything to me.

Numerous times i've caught her watching the military or history channel when it has to do with ww2 especially nazi Germany.

Being a Pacific Islander, born to the day 20 years after Germany invaded Poland she calls me a Filipino nazi to most of my friends and family. How rude!!

rgds, Tyrone

Good topic , im blessed with a Mrs that has great interest in the hobby , she doesnt moan at the endless hours spent watching ww1or ww2 documentries on tv , or on the computer with these forums . She realy does take an active interest in the subject and probaly knows as much as many guys out there , she even flew 3 days to go digging for relics with me , so yeh im pretty lucky , cheers Raymond

Here she is with found gas mask cannister
    Attached Images Attached Images

Raymond,

You are a lucky man...thank God for her and give her a big hug for being such a swell gal.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast