Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Does she understand?

Article about: by IMPERIAL QUEST Raymond, You are a lucky man...thank God for her and give her a big hug for being such a swell gal. You took the words right out of my mouth Ty

?

Default Re: Does she understand?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I told her that I would not exeed the number of pieces that a small display cabinet, that I bought at time, would be able to contain....I am moving over to a "War Room" shortly!!
    This is all too familiar of a story. When we moved into our new house, I told my wife also that it would be no more than the one small cabinet in the living room. Everything else would stay in storage bins. I assured her it would be a rotating display with my collection changing in and out of storage. A few years later, my sons moved out & got married.... I've been in my war room for 3 years now.

Well i cant complain at all, my wife is very understanding about my collection as i had quite alot of it befor we were married. I have had my war room a good few years now since the kids have left
    home. It is my santuary when the house is full, my son is usualy in there with me. My wife knows what i buy and see,s everything that comes in, she just say,s it up to you what you buy,( happy days) Christmas befor last she bought me a Mk 1 Brengun, 1942
    boy was i chuft, Iv come home to find her showing our friends my collection, the only thing she doesnt like is helmets with bullet holes in.
    Dave.

Quote by Bugme View Post
    ... A few years later, my sons moved out & got married.... I've been in my war room for 3 years now.
    Your a lucky man!!

I'm trying to convince 'The Boss' to let me move my display from the loft, down into the unused front room. Seems I'm fighting a losing battle though.... she wants it as a playroom for the kids!!

I'll get my way eventually!!

Dave...... Your wife sounds awesome!!

Hi Woody,
    Yeah she really good as far as the collection goes, I never use any house money, She goes to military auctions with me and shows
    interest in my stuff so i cant moan at all. She calls my room the dead mans room to friends, i call it the fuhre bunker that doesnt go down well though. But boys and there toys as they say,
    I think we all have a madness for this stuff but wont addmit it.

Dave.

We are all mad but being together we dont notice it.

?

I'm also fortunate that my wife likes my hobby and actually encourages me to continue. I think she figures it's better than me hanging out at the bar or chasing tail. I also make a point out of documenting everything I collect with a detailed description and estimated value. I've drilled it into her head that if I'm gone I don't want to see my collection in some cheap yard sale going for pennies on the dollar

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I'm also fortunate that my wife likes my hobby and actually encourages me to continue. I think she figures it's better than me hanging out at the bar or chasing tail. I also make a point out of documenting everything I collect with a detailed description and estimated value. I've drilled it into her head that if I'm gone I don't want to see my collection in some cheap yard sale going for pennies on the dollar
    That is something I often see when called to empty a house; not only for militaria, for all sorts of collections.The man dies and the wife doesn't know what was payed for all that "garbage".

I am very lucky that my wife Lez, collects too

Cheers, Ade.

My mrs "accepts" it. If she knew what i'd spent she might not. But i tell her it's an investment. But by now she's got "militaria blindness" it all ges over her head. Having said that there's some of my collection she likes. Stewy S

I just compare what I've spent to how many wood shavings died various colours and smelling of roses she would have bought, that or candles etc....

Jock

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast