Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Does she understand?

Article about: by IMPERIAL QUEST Raymond, You are a lucky man...thank God for her and give her a big hug for being such a swell gal. You took the words right out of my mouth Ty

Default Re: Does she understand?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    I just compare what I've spent to how many wood shavings died various colours and smelling of roses she would have bought, that or candles etc....

Jock
    Slightly different approach i've adopted. The more i buy,the less wine she drinks,ergo. Saving her liver. Stewy S

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Slightly different approach i've adopted. The more i buy,the less wine she drinks,ergo. Saving her liver. Stewy S
    lost cause for us as you should see how much glass goes to the bottle bank.

Quote by jock auld View Post
    lost cause for us as you should see how much glass goes to the bottle bank.
    All part of collecting & when she don't understand. Stewy S

I know many friends whose marriage have ended because of the militaria hobby.

My wife tolerates, but does not understand why I collect things that belong to such a horrible era. Her only complain is the smell of the uniforms, she says they smell like dead. She tolerates it as long as it does not detract from the "house" money income.

I am sure it has happened to many of you that you have bought a specific item and dropped a "white lie" to your wife about the real price you paid for it to avoid an argument, as you know she would never understand how that "piece of crap" could have cost so much.

I guess we have to do like the old militaria collector on his death bed that desperately told her wife: "DonĀ“t sell the militaria items for what I told you they cost, but for the real cost".

Regards,

Gus

I always leave a "0" off the cheque stub. Stewy S

Gus you have hit the nail on the head my wife tolerate's it but also understand's my love for collecting as she puts it CRAP , but a fellow mate who also collect's made an agreement who ever pop's their clogg's first will sell the other's collection for them and pass the fund's over to our better halve's.
    we obviously also trust each other 100% as our wives dont know how much we pay for our collection's, so there is the white lies to deal with when the time come's.
    cheer's Ronnie

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    I am sure it has happened to many of you that you have bought a specific item and dropped a "white lie" to your wife about the real price you paid for it to avoid an argument, as you know she would never understand how that "piece of crap" could have cost so much.
    Haha, this is hilarious..... It's just like reading my own thoughts out loud!!

I've got a little order list hidden in my desk drawer, if she finds that she'll hit the roof!!

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I always leave a "0" off the cheque stub. Stewy S
    me to Stewy
    cheer's Ronnie

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Haha, this is hilarious..... It's just like reading my own thoughts out loud!!

t Ihi've got a little order list hidden in my desk drawer, if she finds that she'll the roof!!
    That's class that Woody dont you mean big order list
    cheer's Ronnie

Hello,
    For my birthday the first year we met, she managed to offer me a mint MP40 pouch (right side). The year after, for Christmas, among some other gifts, she offered me a pair of Unterfeldwebel shoulderstraps. I never asked for any help, but she helped me to purchase some quite expensive items and last year she even tried to offer me a camo helmet, but had a problem with the seller at the last moment (he simply doubled the price)...
    I would not trade her for any other woman (as far as militaria is concerned....).
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast