Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Does she understand?

Article about: by IMPERIAL QUEST Raymond, You are a lucky man...thank God for her and give her a big hug for being such a swell gal. You took the words right out of my mouth Ty

Default Re: Does she understand?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    For my birthday the first year we met, she managed to offer me a mint MP40 pouch (right side). The year after, for Christmas, among some other gifts, she offered me a pair of Unterfeldwebel shoulderstraps. I never asked for any help, but she helped me to purchase some quite expensive items and last year she even tried to offer me a camo helmet, but had a problem with the seller at the last moment (he simply doubled the price)...
    I would not trade her for any other woman (as far as militaria is concerned....).
    Thanks
    Wht about 2 cammo's and an SS chained dagger
    cheer's Ronnie

?

It took a little while for my missus to come round to it all but now she is doing well....she come to auctions with me and looks round all the antiques shops.....she even has a bit of knowledge now on what things are and how to tell fakes.....shes doing well! ...

Donnie

?

If only she knew I spent last months rent on a 70 year old moth eaten cap and a couple of rusty bayonets !

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    I know many friends whose marriage have ended because of the militaria hobby.

My wife tolerates, but does not understand why I collect things that belong to such a horrible era. Her only complain is the smell of the uniforms, she says they smell like dead. She tolerates it as long as it does not detract from the "house" money income.

I am sure it has happened to many of you that you have bought a specific item and dropped a "white lie" to your wife about the real price you paid for it to avoid an argument, as you know she would never understand how that "piece of crap" could have cost so much.

I guess we have to do like the old militaria collector on his death bed that desperately told her wife: "DonĀ“t sell the militaria items for what I told you they cost, but for the real cost".

Regards,

Gus
    We lie on how much we spend on military stuff, she lies on how much she bought clothes for. Her response is " i bought it on sale" Well i bought my SS helmet on sale for $3,000 instead of $3,500

?

Keep two sets of books on your purchases. One for the wife now, and one for later on the death bed !

giomark
    ?

Haha, that's really a funny thing..

Zahigkeit
    ?

This is a funny topic! I'm single currently but my ex-fiancee loved my collecting. Most of my female friends totally get it too. I have lots of collections Analog Synthesizers, Tin Robots, Records, Tube Radios, Transistor Radios, Vintage Appliances, Vintage Cameras, Taxidermy, Antiques and Early Twentieth Century Modernist Furniture - Even have two Bauhaus designed items!!

Everyone knows I'm a collector and usually give me a heads up when they see something. It's good to have weird friends LOL

?

Next time you'll find woman, first ask:- " You like it?" In the future- for all the questions your answer must be:- "I have make the warning before before marriage"
    Quote by Zahigkeit View Post
    This is a funny topic! I'm single currently but my ex-fiancee loved my collecting. Most of my female friends totally get it too. I have lots of collections Analog Synthesizers, Tin Robots, Records, Tube Radios, Transistor Radios, Vintage Appliances, Vintage Cameras, Taxidermy, Antiques and Early Twentieth Century Modernist Furniture - Even have two Bauhaus designed items!!

Everyone knows I'm a collector and usually give me a heads up when they see something. It's good to have weird friends LOL
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Next time you'll find woman, first ask:- " You like it?" In the future- for all the questions your answer must be:- "I have make the warning before before marriage"
    Not for me ! If I find myself alone in the future I can move my collection into the main living areas instead of relegated to a "war" room or the basement My livingroom would look like this photo frorm the captured helmet thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

[QUOTE=Ty Revelo;68739] Still i hide most of the pieces till i sneak them in.

Ty, there is a skill and an art in sneaking pieces in, can be quite nerve wracking sometimes!

Nick

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast