Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dosimeter for free!!

Article about: Hi there,i used to be in the ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS and we used dosimeters to measure personal exposure to radiation whilst outside of the bunker changing the photographic papers in the Ground

Default Re: Dosimeter for free!!

[QUOTE=You wear this over your NBC suit sleeve..& do nothing at all..until you were pulled back to the rear of the lines... where there would be some one with a bit of kit for reading Dosimeters..it would tell them how much rads you have been exposed too..[/QUOTE]

To be told you've been exposed to a large amount of radiation after you've been exposed to it would be a downer. You would have thought they would have an inbuilt alarm that goes of when exposure was high.

?

I think a bit like "Enemy at the gates" were would get 1 rifle per 2 men...lol..I think after too much rads it was all over!!!..So good job WW3 didn't come!!! phew...Cheers Terry.

I used a similar device last year with work, but ours had an alarm, if the radiation levels were too high, we were told to quietly retire to a safe place lol or as I thought to myself,... just leg it !!!!

?

Retire for good Martin...if you were not careful..lol Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Retire for good Martin...if you were not careful..lol Cheers Terry.
    lol, Yeah that’s what I thought! I quietly thought to myself, me no like this job !! haha

Glad you like it Terry, more than happy to send it. Thought you might get get a kick out of this aswell (although im not going to post it to you lol). You may have seen one of these. I think its called a NAIAD or something? Any way, i believe its for leaving out on a battlefield to detect chemical agents in the air. Just thought id show you some pics as we are on the subject of NBC.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i always thought they were to monitor a persons inactivity
    Regards James

?

The NAIAD..I haven't seen one of these for years...Have you the remote too..it's a little box of about 6 inches by 6..!! then you need plenty of D10 wire I think???..Were did you get the NAIAD from?? "if you don't mind me asking?"..All I remember is turning that knobby thing about 20 odd times??? lol...Cheers Terry. oh sorry I love the dosimeter very nice of you .....

I got it from a militaria fair for about £25 I think. I jut got it as it seemed like a an interesting piece for the money. its the only one I have seen for sale. Unfortunately I dont have the remote for it but I have no doubt that with the right power source it would work.

?

Spitace The remote nothing to do with it working!!!! It was for remoting the device out further..So the NAIAD would sit in the platoon lines & the remote would go out with the chemical sentry who would be X amount of metres up wind of your trenches etc.....fully dressed in NBC black/3 romeo..So when something cheeky came down he or she "now days" see the alert & start running around like a looney...lol.. Cheers Terry. by the way if you see any more Naiads I would be interested.. Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast