Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ebay german relic M40

Article about: hiya guys if any of you guys are thinking about buying this relic M40 off ebay click here because of the info the seller has provided please read this thread first before doing so to get the

?

Default ebay german relic M40

hiya guys

if any of you guys are thinking about buying this relic M40 off ebay click here because of the info the seller has provided please read this thread first before doing so to get the full info about it M40 helmet ??????

i have informed the seller of this & even offered to provide pictures of what had been done to this lid but after many heated messages & insults towards me this was his final word on the matter
    Look pal you could be Robert Mugabe for all I know. Why should I believe what you say! I've met a fair amount of crackpots on E Bay so dont order me to change my description or tell me it;s misleading! I NOW OWN this item NOT YOU and I'll sell it as its described.
    even if that means allowing buyers to believe that this was found in france in this condition

anyway thought i better let you guys know

Default Re: ebay german relic M40

Hi nick do you have the link to ebay(sorry nick just spotted the link thanks)

At least you have a clear conscience Nick. Good eye and thanks for the info.

Jay

?

your welcome guys

but i still feel a bit guilty as it was one of mine but there's nothing more i can do if the seller wishes to mislead the buyer knowing full well what the truth is then my hands are tied !!!

Quote by NickD View Post
    your welcome guys

but i still feel a bit guilty as it was one of mine but there's nothing more i can do if the seller wishes to mislead the buyer knowing full well what the truth is then my hands are tied !!!
    Hi Nick,
    This is the problem we all face when we sell things. I don't want to get on the touchy subject of making something out of an otherwise unwanted helmet - which I see no harm in. But when you sell it for what it is and with an honest description, it then has nothing to do with you what someone-else does with it when it becomes their property.

You have done nothing dishonest in any way. The dishonesty is being carried out by the current seller. Such things go on all the time, and people make a living out of it. Many dealers at arms-fairs do it all the time. you may be as well posting this on the german helmets section as well to make more people aware of it.

Harry.

?

cheers Harry

the fact is there's more to this then Ive said about & will say about but just to say the person i sold it to is not the seller who has it now & the person i did sell it to i thought was a person who would not allow this to happen but i guess i was wrong.

if any Mod / Admin feels this will serve of better use in the helmet section then please move thanks.

?

I've seen dealers "hump" things up aplenty, to make things "real".
    Overall, if they are honest in what they have done, okay. But to misrepresent and mislead, then no.
    What will people do for a potato ?

?

Interesting.

Two similar helmet tales in one week !

Funny how both helmets end up on 'e-bay' almost immediately, with bogus claims of who owns them and where they were found etc, when each had once belonged to a forum member. We saw them here first in their 'pre-e-bay' state
    with no glorified stories attached !

Some people it seems, are desperate for a buck !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

that's because apparently the person i sold them to couldn't remembered where i had said i got these from & also seems to have also forgotten what condition they were in when i had them so instead of checking with me first to remind him of their origins he just told these sellers i got them from france which ive never claimed ?????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast