Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ebay seller??

Article about: Hello everyone, im still new to the site so if this is in the wrong place sorry and please move it to the correct area. While looking through ebay the other day i came across a seller by the

?

Default Ebay seller??

Hello everyone, im still new to the site so if this is in the wrong place sorry and please move it to the correct area. While looking through ebay the other day i came across a seller by the name of 138chi, he currently has a few pieces such as hats and patches that im sort of interested in (mainly the airforce hats from different nations). My real question is, has anyone dealt with him before and really is it all real?? Im still new to collecting and still learning new things all the time and still findding good places to buy new things to add to my little collection.

Sorry agan, if this is in the wrong place or anything,

Tom

?

Default Re: Ebay seller??

It's generally advised to upload and post the pictures here, for future reference. So when eBay removes them, they'll still be here.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get some solid advice soon.

EDIT: Here's a link to the seller: 138chi | eBay

None of his items seem particularly rare, many from east germany and other eastern countries, so I'd wager they are all real. The patches are possibly surplus, again, common stuff, nothing that would be worth faking maybe some modern reproductions in there for airsofters/paintballers/Cadets.

Nitram

Hi Motley,
    Welcome to the forum hope you like it here, i have not dealt with this seller so cant help you there as a new collector you really need to do some homework first before you start to buy. It is a minefield for new collectors, you could easy spend
    hundreds of pounds buying what you think is a genuine piece and find that it is a replica. ( Fake ) The members on this forum will help in anyway they can to put you on the right track, but in the end you have to do your part and learn what you need to collect, even seasoned collectors can get caught out. hope this helps.
    Dave.

?

Quote by Nitram View Post
    It's generally advised to upload and post the pictures here, for future reference. So when eBay removes them, they'll still be here.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll get some solid advice soon.

EDIT: Here's a link to the seller: 138chi | eBay

None of his items seem particularly rare, many from east germany and other eastern countries, so I'd wager they are all real. The patches are possibly surplus, again, common stuff, nothing that would be worth faking maybe some modern reproductions in there for airsofters/paintballers/Cadets.

Nitram
    Thank you for the information Is eastern bloc stuff quite common then??

Ive already learnt from on here that the most important thing to do before buying is research alot look about before you buy. For now atleast im not planning on buying anything madly expensive, although you never know what could happen

Tom

What kind of stuff are you interested in? What era/country/field?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    What kind of stuff are you interested in? What era/country/field?
    Mainly RAF and british stuff from any era from WW2 up to date but i do have a abit of an interest in other nations airforces and the eastern bloc aswell and ive started to notice i seem to be attracted to gas masks too, just find them werid and interesting

Tom

?

Eastern Bloc militaria from the 70's-90's seems pretty common to me, maybe it's because my home country is in the east; dunno.

I'm not sure if you know this, but I'll mention it just in case: Many old gas mask filters use Asbestos; so don't wear them, actually don't wear old gas masks in general, especially ones which were issued: god knows what chemicals they've been exposed to.

Nitram