Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ebay Targeting?

Article about: Well Sunday I tried listing my M72 on Ebay and I ran into a bit of a dilemma. About after 30 min of listing it, I get a call from Ebay saying that they are going to remove my listing because

Default Re: Ebay Targeting?

It must still disassemble to some extent? Send the trigger mechanism, bolt, etc in one package....the inert receiver and whatever other parts didn't fit in the other box. You're not shipping a Gun then, just a box of Parts...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

We talk about not being able to send gun parts (and this is a good recent example of eBay stupidity), however, a couple of days ago I was browsing and noticed a seller (from Latvia I think) selling the barrel off of a dug up but very good nick P08. Next listing was the handle and part of the body of the same gun, and for about 6 or 7 listings after that were components to this P08! So ebay really dropped the ball there. And this was eBay UK, which I understand to be more strict than others.

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    We talk about not being able to send gun parts (and this is a good recent example of eBay stupidity), however, a couple of days ago I was browsing and noticed a seller (from Latvia I think) selling the barrel off of a dug up but very good nick P08. Next listing was the handle and part of the body of the same gun, and for about 6 or 7 listings after that were components to this P08! So ebay really dropped the ball there. And this was eBay UK, which I understand to be more strict than others.
    They have always dropped the ball when it comes to gun parts. If you need a hard to find part, there's a good chance it's on eBay.

Oh yeah and if anybody does want to try to do something about what's wrong with eBay, send me a PM and we'll see where we can go from there.

Quote by KriegMann View Post
    Well Sunday I tried listing my M72 on Ebay and I ran into a bit of a dilemma. About after 30 min of listing it, I get a call from Ebay saying that they are going to remove my listing because it violated their rules. Now I tried not to scream at the man considering in the past month I've seen about 4 listed and sold, not removed. And once I tried to point this out he quickly replied that the system can't get everything and some items slip through. He then told me, long story short, no inert, dummy, live, or demilled (including receivers) ordnance. Once again trying to be civil, I told him that I've see all the things that he listed sell and that they are even still selling, and that I have bought many times before. So I asked again why everything is still listed. And he just gave me the same BS answer. Has this ever happened to anybody or am I the only one? Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Matt
    Hi mate I've listed my luftwaffe m42 helmet -NO OFFENSIVE symbols on it I was very angry ,went in touch with them and respond as usually violated they rules etc. So very same day I've listed SS belt buckle -buy it now and amazingly sold in one minute So this time I won over the bollocks

Ebay is crap sorry for my French.
    Only one way to pay.(paypal)
    paypal take fee from the sell and from the shipping did you guys knew that.
    chris

ebay owns paypal, kijiji, gumtree along with many other classified/buy and sell sites all over the world - the site moderation is done from various places around the world by people following the site policies - so it all comes down who and when is doing the checks.

That is the reason I only use ebay when I need to buy something. And i almost never use ebay.com. In ebay.de there is actually many interesting WWII relics and other militaria for sell but as I understand, it is not allowed to place a bid when You are outside of the EU?

How about someone start a website for buying and selling militaria, non firearms so we don't have to deal with that silliness, where you can sell anything you want with whatever symbols it displays. A place to sell since eBay is a turd. Anyone think that would work? I have no idea how to set up something like that but it might work. Similar to the classifieds here but no forum discussions, etc, just the buying, selling and trading. I dunno, it's an idea.

And yes sometimes TR items sell on eBay if you list them at a great price and someone buys it fast enough that the eBay police don't have time to yank it.

There are already such web based marketplaces. Like Militaria321.com - Auction - militaria321.com for example. But You still have to cover oll these terrible symbols like the SS runes, swastika or anything other anyone may find "offensive".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast