Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

End of the world... What if?

Article about: "go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over" shaun of the dead2.jpg For those who don't know what I'm on about, watch Shaun of the Dead and

Default Re: End of the world... What if?

"go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over"

shaun of the dead2.jpg

For those who don't know what I'm on about, watch Shaun of the Dead and all will become clear

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    "go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over"

shaun of the dead2.jpg

For those who don't know what I'm on about, watch Shaun of the Dead and all will become clear

Thanks

Danny
    thats the one lol

shaun of the dead2.jpg

Thanks

Danny
    And the tactic that Shaun used worked really well. Well, not that well, he lost a couple of his friends and his mom, but at least Ed still plays the Playstation with him!

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Well, now that we got into the nuclear war=all die bandwagon, why not consider the possibility of a zombie apocalypse instead, as GasMasksUK mentioned above?
    Luckily, over the last few years, and following the pioneering work of the eminent Mr. Max Brooks, many highly educational texts have been published to raise awareness of this threat scenario and help the general public prepare for just such an event.

To help you get started with studying up on the necessary contingency measures here's a public service announcement:
    What To Do In A Zombie Attack - YouTube

You would need a 40mm NATO adaptor, or a newer model of mask as 60mm went obsolete a long time ago

Honestly, if there was a nuclear war I reckon that we'd all be dead, or dying because of radiation sickness as theres enough nuclear weapons on the planet to wipe us all out........ and humans are meant to be an inteligent form or life

To be honest, I'd rather a zombie apocalypse...... Theres some people I know that I would like to justify attacking with a crowbar

Thanks

Danny
    Good point there Danny. If ever a full blown nuclear war did ever become reality the kind of wasteland that would be left afterwards would be completely uninhabitable there would be no clean water and food untouched by radiation and youd die a slow and painful death due to that radiation. Personally if it did happen id rather be right under where the bomb goes off so it would be nice and quick.

?

I actually have all of Max Brooks works HPL they make for some intresting reading world war Z and Zombie survival guide and have been writing a book on end of days if anyone is intrested I will post a small chapter to browse over

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I actually have all of Max Brooks works HPL they make for some intresting reading world war Z and Zombie survival guide
    Couldn't agree more.

To anybody who hasn't read WWZ yet: It is highly recommended and - with its well-designed scenario, epic, global scale and infinite attention to thoroughly-researched detail - definitely not just a book for the horror crowd.

The audio book adaptation is excellent, too; it is read by a full cast of well-known actors including Alan Alda, Jürgen Prochnow, Carl & Rob Reiner, John Turturro and many others, such as the particularly good Mark Hamill. (Too bad it's abridged, though.)

PS: WWZ has one my favorite phrases ever, describing a scene illuminated by an amber-red light as "like looking at the world through hell-colored glasses." Hell-colored glasses - Just brilliant!

The only apocalypse movie I ever like was "The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse", but in that scenario we'd only have to deal with a homunculus, and possibly old fellows singing in the toilet

Rob

A question on the nuclear scenerio.
    Has any one taken the time to look at there local and national weather patterns?
    The beginnig is surviving the initial bombs.
    Grtting out of the path of the fallout would be the hard part.
    Just a thuoght!!!

?

I dont know what the third world war will be fought with, But I do know that the fourth will be fought with sticks.

You should read "The road" as a book and not watch it as a movie, The book is far more intense.

TheRoad__after.jpgThe-Road-New-Orleans-001.jpgThe_Road_Home_by_intao.jpgscary skulls from muppet treasure island.jpg
    the-road-poster.jpg

regards,
    Patrick Lewis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast