MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

End of the world... What if?

Article about: "go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over" shaun of the dead2.jpg For those who don't know what I'm on about, watch Shaun of the Dead and

Default Re: End of the world... What if?

Looks like Wolverhampton after a Wolves v West Bromwich Albion home game.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Joking aside, if the worst happened, and you did manage to survive, at least for a while, the unfortunate thing about your surviving would be the need to become completely ruthless, have no constraints about killing someone, in order to defend yourself and your family, and to realise that at any time one of your family might become a victim to either violence or illness or it could even be you , thereby leaving your family to fend for themselves, there are no safe areas in the event of a nuclear attack, remember that we are not talking one or two bombs, there would be multiple war heads designated to areas of importance, either military or industrial, the only one redeeming feature about the whole thing would be whoever pushes the button first loses, which may give a brief feeling of satisfaction,but would not alter the outcome, the main deterent is the thought of using nuclear weapons and to any sane thinking person would be a deciding factor, many years ago as a serving police officer trained in firearms, every two ,three years, we were picked by lottery to become part of the local government that would have access to a fallout shelter, basically as the law enforcement within the shelter and afterwards, and for that your family would be allowed to accompany you, we soon realised that the whole idea was pointless, there would be very little to govern , even after a few yrs below ground, and if there were survivors above ground the chances were that they would have become uncontrollable, almost feral and would do anything to survive, therefore would pose a great danger and the necessary steps would need to be taken for your own survival, there would be no niceties involved, nor compassion or sympathy, you would become judge, jury and executioner

Quote by davejb View Post
    Joking aside, if the worst happened, and you did manage to survive, at least for a while, the unfortunate thing about your surviving would be the need to become completely ruthless, have no constraints about killing someone, in order to defend yourself and your family, and to realise that at any time one of your family might become a victim to either violence or illness or it could even be you , thereby leaving your family to fend for themselves, there are no safe areas in the event of a nuclear attack, remember that we are not talking one or two bombs, there would be multiple war heads designated to areas of importance, either military or industrial, the only one redeeming feature about the whole thing would be whoever pushes the button first loses, which may give a brief feeling of satisfaction,but would not alter the outcome, the main deterent is the thought of using nuclear weapons and to any sane thinking person would be a deciding factor, many years ago as a serving police officer trained in firearms, every two ,three years, we were picked by lottery to become part of the local government that would have access to a fallout shelter, basically as the law enforcement within the shelter and afterwards, and for that your family would be allowed to accompany you, we soon realised that the whole idea was pointless, there would be very little to govern , even after a few yrs below ground, and if there were survivors above ground the chances were that they would have become uncontrollable, almost feral and would do anything to survive, therefore would pose a great danger and the necessary steps would need to be taken for your own survival, there would be no niceties involved, nor compassion or sympathy, you would become judge, jury and executioner
    merry christmas to you too
    joking aside its entirely correct the chances are that if anyone did push that big red button the only way they could win would be prety much to annilate the entire world its a grim state of affairs

The above words are indeed worth thinking about. (Especially by those who still believe that heading for the hills with a well-stocked "bug out bag" is all it takes to survive anything and everything.)

I have a military duffel bag in my closet filled with a handful of U.S. military Meals Ready to Eat (MREs), a first aid kit, a rain jacket, and 50rnds for each of my rifles. I don't really believe in any of this post-apocalyptic stuff, but it's nice to have some of that stuff handy. The MREs were especially useful when Hurricane Irene hit recently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3